Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #11
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoloniferous View Post
I think to minimize forum fragmentation, as well as work for our moderators, the forums ought to stay as-is until political and religious discussions become a real problem.
I think they can stay as is right now, but GreenMan brought up a good point, and the admins could be prepared by making a decision ahead of time. Some people stay on top of political issues, some get notified through other means, but eventually, one of our issues will surface. I'm not sure how religious views can get contentious in the area of gardening, but conservation issues get political and it would be good to contain these discussions.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #12
WG Ways and Means

I think the discussion of bills, pending legislation etc is critical to the discussion on many topics. I dont think they need a separate section. I was referring to purely political posts.

I think that "bills, pending legislation, etc., would be both informative and educational" is part of the reason people come to sites to be able to see the opinions of those "in the know" take for example legislation on irradication of evil buckthorn :eek: Im sure there are as many differing views on the subject as there are peddels on a Liatris spicata. But the member though the exchange of opinions & ideas might be exposed to some which were not readily apparent before, useful ideas and solutions.

I just was thinking of these discussions leaving the arena of spirited debate to personal opinions and mud slinging regarding candidates etc.
Green Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #13
Too Wild To Garden

Sounds wise Sage!
Stoloniferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #14
Administrator

Although our site went live in mid December, development began long before sometime in fall of 2007.

This concern was raised by Green Man many moons ago. Green Man happens to be a member of our board. Last summer, he was asked to come up with a guideline to better enable us to address these situations. How soon we forget

Green Man, here are your comments- which were approved. You posted them to our Sustainable Practices forum as a sticky, Welcome to the Sustainable Practices Board
Quote:
This area of the site has been created for the polite and thoughtful discussion of sustainable practices. It is our hope this board will become a great place for members to address issues of curiosity or concern to them. Please be polite, considerate, and respectful of practices and/or opinions that may differ from your own. Although it is perfectly acceptable to discuss relevant current events here, best to steer clear of all political and/or religious discussions. There are many forums that encourage political and/or religious discussions. Wildlife Gardeners does not.
Quote:
However, politics and conservation intersect frequently, so perhaps we could start a forum strictly for conservation related politics?
Although we would love to provide a forum strictly for conservation related to politics, We're not in a position to provide same. Our attorneys said no.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #15
WG Ways and Means

Dang,

I must be loosing my mind !!!!!!

I didn't think I was getting that old but............

:eek::eek::eek:
Green Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #16
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
Dang,

I must be loosing my mind !!!!!!

I didn't think I was getting that old but............

:eek::eek::eek:
Wow, Green Man, you forgot you had WISDOM, huh?
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:54 PM   #17
Administrator

You'll be allowed to slide, this time
Old 01-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #18
WG Facilitator

Greenman, since you brought up the losing your mind part, I gotta ask -

That um, emsemble, you're wearing in your avatar - was that a being-a-good-sport-and-dressing-up-for-a-photo-op kind of thing, or do you wear that on a regular basis in your garden. (And if you do, does the outfit include tights?)

I have to admit, I break out in a grin everytime I see that.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #19
Administrator

He wears green tights. The green felt shoulder pads add that extra something to the outfit that is indescribable. The crown of leaves finishes the ensemble nicely.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:14 PM   #20
WG Facilitator

I love you crazy people! I feel like I'm at home (without having to wash the dishes)

Tags
political, posts