Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #41
Administrator

Hello Sage, we're glad you're here with us. it's New Year's Day. We're really struggling to get a hold of someone/anyone to fix this. It was never our intent to have a quota. Please see the other thread where you commented a little bit ago. We can't recreate the error message you are receiving. Please post in that thread, I almost missed your comments here because I was watching the other thread. We're only two weeks old but we already have several thousand posts. Please know you can always private message an Admin or Staff directly. Most of the people helping have the Forum Feedback on watch for new posts but you added these comments to an existing thread with a title not representative of your concerns. We're just worried we could have missed it.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #42
Heron

If you could cut and paste that error msg into a private msg to either Staff or Admin it may help to correct this problem more quickly. We are as FW still struggling a bit and your patience is greatly appreciated. Your photos are first rate, so please bear with us. We're still debugging and deglitching in some areas obviously.

There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling. ~Mirabel Osler

LadySapphire22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #43
Unicellular Fungi

I haven't had problems like this. Did it get taken care of?
Old 01-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #44
Heron

Hello fearless weeder ,

Not sure you found me To issue an invite but I am happy you did . In the past I have tried participating at such places as " Daves Garden " forum and not long ago tried starting my own yahoo group.

But was having diffuculty at attracting those vocal enough to post . I applaud your efforts at starting this site . I have looked at other organizations in the past such as "The Wild Ones " and local native plant societies for me that would be the Arizona Native Plant Society . I have found some useful info at Audubon society chapters , Arizona Game and Fish but i would really like to find others to discourse with at length of my passion such as this site holds promise to .

I was wondering if by chance yoou might anticipate having regionalized forum areas . When I look at orgs such as The Wild Ones , they are focused primarily in eastern regions . With my living in a VERY arid region of the southwest , there are some unique challenges to my area . Rain/water being a major concern . Plants for attracting wildlife are often unique to the region and as much as I admire what others are doing it often does not fit with reality here . Would there be possible consideration for a southwest/desert/arid wildlife forum ?

Last edited by Fearless Weeder; 01-04-2009 at 12:23 AM. Reason: removing link to yahoo, http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/showthread.php?p=3709#post3709, group outside the proper area
lonediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #45
Administrator

If your yahoo group is "green" you are welcome to contact Staff to learn how to start a whole thread just for your green site in this area-
http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/for...splay.php?f=80

There are 10 of us who had a vision which is reflected in our Mission Statement. We pooled our resources and each one of us contributed 10-15 names to send invitations to in an attempt to jumpstart the site. From there, new members have been sharing names with us to send invitations to.

Rain/water is an across the board concern.

We currently have no plans for a southwest/desert/arid wildlife forum. We don't have the membership to support it and may never given we are a niche site where discussions of native flora and fauna are welcome in all forums.

We have no plans for regional forums. They were discussed. We do have plans for Level I ecoregion forums once the membership grows to the extent it would be able to support same.
http://www.epa.gov/wed/pages/ecoregions/na_eco.htm#Level%20I
Based on how well those meet the needs of the community, breaking out to Level II may be a possibility.
http://www.epa.gov/wed/pages/ecoregions/na_eco.htm#Level%20II

Regional forums won't meet the needs of the Wildlife Gardeners forums for some of the very reasons you mentioned but we believe ecoregions will.