Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2015, 01:54 PM   #11
Salamander

ESPN recently changed its website and I don't like it. Way less content easily available from the home screen so you have to scroll a lot to get to see things. Was just using it and realized what happened: Got changed for mobile devices. And then I realized why another website I use went through a recent change.

I have this nice, big screen but the websites are being changed to have a lot of wasted space on the sides and everything concentrated in the middle.
KC Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #12
Great Horned Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Clark View Post
I run AdBlock Plus and NoScript too. I was not familiar with super cookies. You don't use Flash Player but for those who do, I found this web page that has a link to an Adobe page where you can delete the Flash Player super cookies.

New Breed of Super Cookie Defies Removal – Almost… | Fight Identity Theft
I used this site on my desktop computer last evening and it resulted in my search engine being much faster. Great that you posted this, KC. Thanks!

Oracle at Delphi
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:35 PM   #13
Salamander

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Clark View Post
ESPN recently changed its website and I don't like it. Way less content easily available from the home screen so you have to scroll a lot to get to see things.
Ten web design trends you can expect to see in 2015 and #1 is what ESPN did: Lots of scrolling

10 Web Design Trends You Can Expect to See in 2015

I did figure out that with Firefox, I can "zoom" in on these mobile friendly pages and eliminate the dead space on the sides.
KC Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:43 AM   #14
Carbon

I am a newcomer to this site, but have found the formatting and navigation so off-putting that I will likely only come here when I'm bored with everything else. Technically, I'm not savvy enough for a recommendation, but your points are apt. Thank you for posting, since I do not feel entitled to ask the veterans of this group to change something that they are used to and might be costly in time, if not direct outlays.

To my point, when I viewed my reply to a post, I can't tell what comment I'm replying to. Now I don't know if any user is going to know, either. Frustrating.

Last edited by Jane; 05-28-2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: I can't figure out whether I did what I meant to do.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:04 AM   #15
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

First, I would like to welcome you again.

Sorry to hear that your frustration level is so high. I am trying to remember what it felt like when I first joined. I know there is a lot to absorb--also, at that time, I was probably somewhat familiar with forums that followed a similar format. I do love all of the options that I have gotten used to over the years, but if it is out dated or not used friendly, that is a definite concern.

Hopefully this will spark some discussion on the topic.

By the way, your reply to this thread just bumped it up to the top, so others should see it...and it does appear with the previous posts so the continuity of the thread is not list.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:36 AM   #16
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
I am a newcomer to this site, but have found the formatting and navigation so off-putting that I will likely only come here when I'm bored with everything else. Technically, I'm not savvy enough for a recommendation, but your points are apt. Thank you for posting, since I do not feel entitled to ask the veterans of this group to change something that they are used to and might be costly in time, if not direct outlays.

To my point, when I viewed my reply to a post, I can't tell what comment I'm replying to. Now I don't know if any user is going to know, either. Frustrating.
Jane I looked into where you may have tried posting to see as to what you were referring to and find no other posts made by you but this one here. Are you meaning..... When your typing a message for a thread and wish to PREVIEW your post as in before you submit it? If so, just scroll down and the previous posts show up below your message area in which you are typing in to refresh your memory OR......

To include the comment you wish to respond to for reference or for others to follow: Hit the QUOTE button in the lower right hand corner of a post THEN type your response. The quote will show along WITH your response!

I hope that helps. Feel free to ask for assistance anytime!
Suggestions and sharing with one another are also very welcome.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:12 PM   #17
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Jane I looked into where you may have tried posting to see as to what you were referring to and find no other posts made by you but this one here. Are you meaning..... When your typing a message for a thread and wish to PREVIEW your post as in before you submit it? If so, just scroll down and the previous posts show up below your message area in which you are typing in to refresh your memory OR......

To include the comment you wish to respond to for reference or for others to follow: Hit the QUOTE button in the lower right hand corner of a post THEN type your response. The quote will show along WITH your response!

I hope that helps. Feel free to ask for assistance anytime!
Suggestions and sharing with one another are also very welcome.
Aha! Yes, the Quote is what I needed to attach my reply to the post I was replying to. I have to say, there is no way I would have known that without your telling me. I wondered why Quote was there....wondered if users liked to add famous quotes, like from Thoreau or Wendell Berry That's another example for how user-unfriendly I find this site. Hardly anything is self-explanatory. And--dash it all--I wish the Submit button were right below my post!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:31 AM   #18

Ahhh but you'd miss all those cutsie wootsie icons you so might wish to add.

Just ask anytime, anything your lil heart desires and I'll-we'll do our best to assist you.
Sooooo what drew you to the site? Learning teaching sharing? Tell us a bit about yourself, Perhaps about your love of natives, gardening practices? what types of projects are you working upon or have tackled in the past.

Old 06-03-2017, 12:13 AM   #19
Fox

pawprint hummmmmph

I attached a partial quote to an inverse reply in the email section, and before I knew it, I was looking at page 476 of another website!!! ...but somehow havalotta answered said posting with several emotioncons, and a story about some kids that found a cooler of beer, and....oh I've probably said too much. I think ya got off lucky Jane. hahahaha welcome to WG.

However I will say about our dear havalotta, that she sent me some seeds just last year...and look what I got!! The yellow ones in the foreground are 'Tina James, primrose', just now beginning to bloom.Alternative forum software?-100_3286.jpg

wildwatcher
Old 06-03-2017, 03:42 PM   #20

Oooooo Have you had the time to sit a spell and enjoy their evening presentation as their florals open? >>>> Right abut dusk<<<<

I'ts comparable to watching fast speed photography play forth! Gather your friends round....You-they will NOT be disappointed!
The hawk-sphinx moths, really enjoy their heavenly scented blossoms!

Tags
alternative, forum, software