Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

And you???? Are you-Sage or any others by chance wanting to enter into such a contest?
If so..... We'd have 4 players...$20.00 Enough to cover purchasing at least one for a prize, then there's the Shipping.
I think I recall Equill saying she could get that for free????? Equill???

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #12
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Sure! I'll go for it! If you spend a certain amount at Amazon, shipping is free, but in that these chimes are in short supply and you'd have to make sure you have them to offer the prize, that would involve shipping again to the winner. If there are enough entries, you could order the triple!
And my preference would be a 30-day contest. It's not like the contestants need to grow them first! :rolf
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #13

I noticed the supply, that is the reason I've been trying to gather as many players as quickly as possible to get an order in....Hopefully enough players for all three! Thanks to Sages verification of entry we now have enough for a small version of one pine cone wind chime.

Oooooo look at the towel rack they just added at amazon....Amazon.com: Pinecone decor towel rack WALL HOOK key coat Pine Cone: Home & Kitchen and this....Amazon.com: Metal Wall Art Decor Leaf Accents Set of 4: Home & Kitchen Wouldn't those look nice twirling in the wind!

I'm new at this sort of thing (Organizing people and prizes together) but, I just got myself a real brainstorm!
Perhaps "this" route would be a better way to go? Once will-o-wisp gets herself a camera...... We run the contest for 60 day as W.G. has suggested and let the winner have the option of spending whatever money we've drummed up during the contest to purchase an object of their choice from amazon.

It would eliminate an ADDITIONAL shipping charge to order something low in inventory "now" to get it from here to the winner later.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #14
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Ok, where's dap and Viceroy and turttle
I'm here. What's up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Oooooo look at the towel rack they just added at amazon....Amazon.com: Pinecone decor towel rack WALL HOOK key coat Pine Cone: Home & Kitchen and this....Amazon.com: Metal Wall Art Decor Leaf Accents Set of 4: Home & Kitchen Wouldn't those look nice twirling in the wind!
Nice finds.

I think I like the leaves the best...but it is hard to decide.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #15

Whassup? We're gathering as many bods as we can to join into a new contest.......previous to opening the contest.

Equill was talking about some pine cone wind chimes she had liked in post #48 ...Others liked them as well and oh well one thing led to the next and....

Well start reading for yourself at post #48 and you'll see how things transpire.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #16
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Wink

Personally, I like the cone windchime but not the other stuff as I have a small already decorated condo. Also, IMO a specific prize is preferable to the $s, a shorter time so the contest remains active as we have a relatively small number of photo contributors here, and simple details.

Quote:
I noticed the supply, that is the reason I've been trying to gather as many players as quickly as possible to get an order in....Hopefully enough players for all three! Thanks to Sages verification of entry we now have enough for a small version of one pine cone wind chime.

I'm new at this sort of thing (Organizing people and prizes together) but, I just got myself a real brainstorm!
Perhaps "this" route would be a better way to go? Once will-o-wisp gets herself a camera...... We run the contest for 60 day as W.G. has suggested and let the winner have the option of spending whatever money we've drummed up during the contest to purchase an object of their choice from amazon.

It would eliminate an ADDITIONAL shipping charge to order something low in inventory "now" to get it from here to the winner later.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #17

Quote:

Equill was talking about some pine cone wind chimes she had liked in post #48 ...Others liked them as well and oh well one thing led to the next and....

Well start reading for yourself at post #48 and you'll see how things transpire.
Oh boy, so you are telling me that I have to switch to linear mode again?
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Whassup? We're gathering as many bods as we can to join into a new contest...

They are attractive, but I'm not really into garden art and stuff, so I've not decided if I want to be involved. I have to admit that they are very cool, so, if I were to have wind chimes, those would probably be the kind I'd like. Let me think about it.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #19

Count me in. It is a very nice prize. I'm not often into wind chimes and such, but this is kind of tempting. It is more a work of art than a wind chime.

So, assuming I still have your address in my PM, I'll send five your way. (...and you know that we are alike when it comes to saving so e-mails.)

Anyone else interested? (I know there re some members that don't get o check in as often...and need some time to catch up.)

Last edited by dapjwy; 01-19-2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Adding a comment
Old 01-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #20
Official Plant Nerd

Ohhhhhh.... somebody took a 2nd look at the windchimes!!!

Tags
acornpinecone, acorns, contest, photo, photos, pine cones, related