Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #21
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

I don't know what that would have been but you are harder to buy a gift for then even I am!!! LOL!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #22
Official Plant Nerd

I AM not... A new bathrobe everytime a dog sucks through a pocket getting at snacks I forgot to eat and tools!!! Preferably tools that don't require electricity!!! Tools that will be MINE MINE MINE that are off limits to everybody else and I like what hava buys for me from garage sales and flea markets!!!! My chickens have ALL new feed dishes because of her and I picked up a cookie sheet type tray with a little rack that I've been using to feed butterflies because of her and it was FREEEEEEEE!!! Lemme see here.... I could use some new shorts.... mine are getting ripped to shreds from going in and out of the chicken run and I LOVE anything that's home canned or baked and I like natural looking birdhouses and concrete birdbaths and little insect and reptile figurines to put in my potted plants.... ya know... to dress em up. I'm actually really easy and cheaper to shop for compared to most folk. Oh oh oh.... heirloom veggie seed and practical hand me down anythings would be a big hit!!! Stick a bow on it and call it a day!!! See!!! I AM easy!!! Want me to send you my address so the next time you're rummaging through your place purging.... you can gift me>>>?
Old 07-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #23

You do sound like me! I'd rather have that kind of stuff to instead of the boxed, gift-wrapped packages from stores! Clothes are the wrong color, wrong size or something I would never wear. Other things I would never use like crystal vases, right?

I love handmade, flea market treasures, birdhouses, art, even recipes! My home is mostly decorated with such finds! Even a sofa from the Salvation Army! Top that!!!

I take visitors on a tour pointing out that gorgeous mirror over the fireplace is from an estate sale, a chest in the bedroom from an antique/junk store that the owner of painted sloppily pink, green, yellow and added roses then sanded off the paint on the high spots, it sits next to a white chest with glass knobs over a hundred years old that my grandfather made, the mirror over the painted chest has the same type of shape I can't describe of the mirror over the fireplace, but the mirror part is extremely old cuz you can barely see in it, and the old paint in virtually gone leaving bare wood with just a hint of green and every little box has a feather in it, at least one, very little art here is "new".

I do not own shorts though!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #24
Official Plant Nerd

Ya, I hear ya. Store bought is so "dime a dozen" to me and it goes out of style within a few years so it gets "dated" much faster than buying classic older things with some character to em. My home's done in estate sale and art fair style. If I liked it.... I bought it and stuffed it somewhere. I especially like Noah's Arks and wildlife anything. I was done decorating years ago though and I like everything I've got so now I'm down to fun stuff like the little figurines for my plants, perishables, and practical stuff. Books.... that's another good gift idea for me if someone can get a list out of me. I'm always starting 1 then starting another and I don't care if they're used since I trash mine when I'm reading em. I don't really do much clothes shopping other than for underwear and socks.... my MIL has better taste than me and buys pretty much everything I wear other than jeans and knock around clothes. The apron I got came from some house hava's husband bought where the owner had passed away and I guess he bought it lock stock and barrel. It was brand new... never worn and I needed 1 specifically for sauces and ketchup. Some sort of a booze advertising apron which is kinda funny!!! It's bright yellow with a ship on it.... I like it. Sounds like we're in about the same boat.... if it's new.... forget buying it for us unless it's practical.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #25
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

Sage, could you tell me your favorite photo apps for ipad? I have not added any photo apps yet. I bought the little thingy that allows the ipad to read SD card, since the guy at Best Buy said I could use it to transfer photos back and forth from my ipad to my computer without going through itunes, but I haven't figured out how to do it. My ipad just acknowledges the card is there and won't let me do anything with it.

I have the ipad3, a 25th anniversary present, and the camera is much better than that in the ipad 1. It doesn't zoom well, and it is no good in low light, but it does really well at people, and plants, and critters that don't need a macro lens. I used it a lot on my California trip to take photos of my friends, since I just had it in my purse, and could use it to show them photos of my family back here in NC. Yes, it is one more thingy. No, I didn't really need it, and I wouldn't have bought it for myself, but it is great for travelling with and I am enjoying having it. Most helpful for email, web surfing and games/kindle/audiobooks/entertainment.

I haven't figured out how to upload photos directly from the ipad at all, except to email them to myself and open them on my laptop, so if you have an app that will work for FB, that will be a good start. WG can be fun even without the ability to post photos, as long as you get back to your regular computer sometimes.

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #26

turttle, could you post a pic of the thingy? The thingy I use is to transfer pix from the sd to the ipad, but not to the laptop.

My photo apps:
Camera Plus for zooming and Free Zoom (why do I have two?)
Photoshop Express edits and uploads to FB or mail
100 Cameras has great effects I like, and was created by Trey Ratcliffe, Stuck in Customs on Flicker
Paper Camera has cool effects
Dropbox a must have that I must learn how to use
My Sketch
Instagram

Others I kept after deleting many others:
FlickrStackr
Snapseed
Pro HDR
Auto Painter HD
Old Photo Pro
Photogene
Photovine
PhotoSync
Image Pro
Leme Cam
LemeLeme
Picasa

I get mostly free-cheap apps. Try them first to see if you want an upgraded version. If you don't care for an app, just delete it.

Don't let it get out of hand like I did. 5000 pix on a 32 GB ipad NO

When Peregrine watching, I load the sd card onto ipad, crop/edit and post pix to Peregrine Place immediately. When I get home, I load sd card onto laptop and re-choose, re-edit, etc. I must learn how to load pix from ipad which have already been edited in Photoshop. Then delete from ipad.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #27

So Lib, I got the $3 version of tapatalk only to find it's a aggregate of forums, and WG is not one of them. It apparently exists to let members post from their mobile devices to the member forums. Not sure of pix though.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #28
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

Sage,

This is the connector thingie I have. I suspect my problem is a lack of software, so I am going to check out all those apps.

You must not have any music on your ipad if it can hold that many photos at once. I need to pare mine down. Maybe tonight during the interminable commercials that plague the olympics coverage.

Thanks for the suggestions on the apps.
Attached Thumbnails
~WG vs iPad~.  Any answers yet?-sd-ipad-connector.jpg  

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #29

Yes, that's what I use. Sd card in one end and the other end into the iPad.

I did see that I have already used Dropbox and was "practicing" with it today. But I can't use it to post pix here. But, I suppose if I got an iPad pic into Dropbox, I could then access it on the laptop. But if I edited the pic on the iPad, I could upload it to FB or mail it without even bothering with Dropbox. Needs more evaluation.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #30
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I did see that I have already used Dropbox and was "practicing" with it today. But I can't use it to post pix here. But, I suppose if I got an iPad pic into Dropbox, I could then access it on the laptop. But if I edited the pic on the iPad, I could upload it to FB or mail it without even bothering with Dropbox. Needs more evaluation.
I've yet to try to upload anything from the iPad to WG. After reading about your trials and tribulations, I bet I'll not be able to do it either.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
answers, apps, forum, handhelds, ipad, ipads, photo, photo app, photos, pictures, tapatalk, upload, uploading