Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #11
Heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
dap, there are so many photo apps available for ipad it's so much fun! plus you can put you sd chip in the ipad (extra) thingy and use the apps on regular pix!

Attachment 31130

Attachment 31131

Attachment 31132

Attachment 31133

Attachment 31134
where would one put the sd card on an ipad?? need more info please )))) and what apps?
Doozerdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #12
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Doozer, if you have an ipad, the little white card reader came in the box with it. I carry it with me all the time.
On itunes, look for photo apps for the ipad. I can post a list of my favorites if anyone is interested but there are alot of apps out there! I've deleted many of mine in favor of about 18-20 favorites!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
My kid says.... Mom.... tell her there's an app for that. You're supposed to check out something called taptalk.

adding... it's not taptalk.... it's Tapatalk, TUAW's Daily iPad App: Tapatalk | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog. Sorry about that. I guess I didn't hear him right.
Ok I checked it out and it's $4.99!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #14
Official Plant Nerd

Ya.... our kids used to get upset about having to pay for their software and music because all their friends parents let them steal it somehow. I have no idea how exactly that's done but... when our kids were teenagers... their friends did have stolen video games and music they wanted to share with our kids. We took their box thingie away from them for a month for using a stolen video something or other and that cured them of letting their friends use our computers to steal "stuff" that they were copying to CDs and DVDs. I think we told em the next time we found ANYTHING on their I thingies or the computer that wasn't paid for they were gonna lose their black box thingie for a year. If I remember.... going to those sites really gunked up our computers and we made our kids pay to "ungunk" them with their own $$$ so it might be better just biting the bullet and paying the $5. The other thing we just found out that's really nice about having an account for all the apps and tunes is that if you ever break or lose your thingie.... you can just go to your account and upload everything you bought onto your new thingie. 1 of our kids had a thingie stolen out of a gym locker and he got everything that was on it onto his new thingie for no charge and that included all his music.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #15
Great Horned Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Ya.... our kids used to get upset about having to pay for their software and music because all their friends parents let them steal it somehow. I have no idea how exactly that's done but... when our kids were teenagers... their friends did have stolen video games and music they wanted to share with our kids. We took their box thingie away from them for a month for using a stolen video something or other and that cured them of letting their friends use our computers to steal "stuff" that they were copying to CDs and DVDs. I think we told em the next time we found ANYTHING on their I thingies or the computer that wasn't paid for they were gonna lose their black box thingie for a year. If I remember.... going to those sites really gunked up our computers and we made our kids pay to "ungunk" them with their own $$$ so it might be better just biting the bullet and paying the $5. The other thing we just found out that's really nice about having an account for all the apps and tunes is that if you ever break or lose your thingie.... you can just go to your account and upload everything you bought onto your new thingie. 1 of our kids had a thingie stolen out of a gym locker and he got everything that was on it onto his new thingie for no charge and that included all his music.
As a teacher of seniors, I can tell you that almost all of the kids steal their music. Indeed, it's been quite awhile since I've heard of anyone of them buying anything.

I don't know where they do it and I don't ask...

Oracle at Delphi
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #16

Lib, it's not the $4.99 that's the issue, but WG is the ONLY reason I'd have to get it. And I'm not looking to get something free as in stealing. Other apps I already have can upload directly to my FB and FB Peregrine Place, etc. So while it may be a good app for those who post to many forums, 4.99 is not cheap. Most of my apps were free, .99 or 1.99 except for Photoshop or field guides. Someday the issue may be resolved...
Old 07-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
Official Plant Nerd

Can't help ya there.... I got a thingie as a gift and got rid of it. To me.... it was sorta like having a sewing machine and a serger or an oven and a microwave.... I could live without the thingie just like I could live without the serger or the microwave so I gave it to 1 of the kids. It was just too much aggravation for me for a thingie when I already had a computer and a laptop for when I travel. All this new fangled technology that forces us to consume consume consume because everything's proprietary and they want to make $$$ of us started getting old. Watch... in a year or 2 they'll come out with thingies that are compatible with all the different forum software that's out there and then everybody will feel they've got to buy the latest and greatest thingie.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #18
Official Plant Nerd

I dunno anything about that Facebook other than that I read they had a massive exodus recently because of privacy or something. Here..... check out this app and see what you think or run it by your son, App Store - iCab Mobile (Web Browser). I just got off the phone with another kid and he said that's what he's been using. Maybe it could work for you?
Old 07-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #19

Hahaha! While deleting lots of apps recently, I also deleted a bunch of other browsers too! Haven't had that one yet. The kids are well sources of info, aren't they?
We were going to Rochester today but still home watching the last of our fairly local Peregrines, this one Rochester's, via webcam on two iPads since breakfast!
Did you Get rid of an iPad?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #20
Official Plant Nerd

It was an I something or other that had 4G something or other. It had a verrrrrrrry small screen... like around 4". Not as small as my Blackberry from work but small enough that it looked like it was gonna be a drain on my brain using it. They bought it for me as a gift last December. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. I took 1 look at it and figured it was nothing but an expensive headache in the making so I just flat out told em to take it back. It sat around for a while so I told the youngest he could have it. That was that. I don't even feel guilty about not even giving it a test run.

Tags
answers, apps, forum, handhelds, ipad, ipads, photo, photo app, photos, pictures, tapatalk, upload, uploading