Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
Grub

Default Free talk by Doug Tallamy Saturday April 7 at 10am in Newbury, Massachusetts

hi there everyone:

If you happen to live in Massachusetts, southern New Hampshire or southern Maine you might want to know that celebrated author Doug Tallamy (of "Bringing Nature Home" fame) will be giving a FREE presentation in Newbury, MA next Saturday, April 7, at 10am at the Newbury Elementary School.

The talk is sponsored by the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge and will last about 90 minutes. This should be a fantastic event - I hope to meet you there!

papercarver
Old 04-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
Heron

Sounds fantastic wish I were closer.
recurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
Salamander

Same here. I live in MN I have his email adress and have emailed him a few times about new jeresy tea questions.
GonativeAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #4
Fox

I live close enough but I'm too poor not to have to work saturday. That's too bad as I'd love to hear this and maybe meet a WG'er or two. Enjoy.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
Pope

I'll be so close on Saturday but will have two little ones in tow and need to be in Virginia by dark. So sad not to be able to see him, I'll keep my fingers crossed that someday, SOMEDAY, I'll be able to see him speak. He is the rockstar of native plant gardening!
Hedgerowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

I hear you all. I wish I were closer--and richer. (I know talk is free...but travel, food, and lodging are not.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgerowe View Post
I'll be so close on Saturday but will have two little ones in tow and need to be in Virginia by dark. So sad not to be able to see him...
Aww.. So close and yet so far!
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
Great Horned Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgerowe View Post
I'll be so close on Saturday but will have two little ones in tow and need to be in Virginia by dark. So sad not to be able to see him, I'll keep my fingers crossed that someday, SOMEDAY, I'll be able to see him speak. He is the rockstar of native plant gardening!
I'm within walking distance of where he'll be speaking, so I'll let you know how it goes...

Oracle at Delphi
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack View Post
I'm within walking distance of where he'll be speaking, so I'll let you know how it goes...
Please let us all know!
Hedgerowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #9
Butterfly Educator Extraordinaire

Reading everyone's comments makes me think he is a rock star! LOL

John and I heard him speak a few weeks ago here in south NJ. As the people were coming into the auditorium, it seemed like more than half the audience was made of people we knew! Volunteers from the refuge, other master naturalists, even my sister and her daughter. It was quite a gathering.

He is a rock star in my book as he has changed the way so many of us garden.

http://mslenahan.edublogs.org/
bridget1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #10
Salamander

Yeah I really like the guy and all he stands for.

I just hope he has some way of protecting his woodlot/property so everything he has done to that area has not been in vain. There should be laws in place for protecting native plants that people plant in there landscapes because they are native. People think oh there parks and stuff for that but its not that simple anymore, most parks in my area at least are overrun with invasives.
GonativeAlex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10am, april, doug, doug tallamy, free, lecture, massachusetts, native plants, natives, naturalist, nature, newbury, saturday, talk, tallamy