Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #1
WG Staff

eyes Shout out to members gardening in southern New Jersey- Will you help?

Date: 5 Aug 2010 18:02:44 -0000 [08/05/2010 02:02:44 PM EDT]
Jeanne Gural @ Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening < jeanne.gural AT cedarrun.org >
To:
WG Staff
Subject: Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening Contact Us Form - Pinelands Friendly Yard & Garden Fair The following message was sent to you via the Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening Contact Us form by Jeanne Gural ( mailto: jeanne.gural AT cedarrun.org ).

--------------------------------

Hello,

We are hosting our third annual Pinelands Friendly Yard & Garden Fair Sept. 25 and are looking for someone to speak on wildlife gardening. Our speaker backed out, and we need some help. We are a small but mighty wildlife focused non-profit and in spite of losing our funding for this event we are going forward because it is so important. If you know of someone in the southern NJ area, please let us know.

Cheers,

Jeanne Gural
Executive Director
856-983-3329 ext. 101

--------------------------------

Referring Page: Wildlife Gardeners - Personal Invitation to Wildlife Gardeners
Old 08-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
WG Contest Coordinator

I have contacted them and let them know that I would be willing to step in. Woodford/Cedar Run is just a few minutes away from where I live. I have been there a few times and know a couple of people that work there.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
A Bee's Best Friend

That is great tineckbone. Even though I live far away and do not know any of these people it is good to see someone step up. It is appreciated, Thank You.

http://pollinators-welcome.blogspot.com/
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
WG Contest Coordinator

I see it as the opportunity to spread the word, besides, I am a Volunteer Master Naturalist and giving presentations on the need and benefits of planting native plants is my gig! Mary had forwarded me the info and I did not know who it was until I called them.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #5
Official Plant Nerd

That should qualify for hours too!!! How cool is that!!! And.... you're freeeeeeee so that'll help them out too!!! You rock tineckbone. You're one of the good guys.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:51 AM   #6
Official Plant Nerd

You probably already found this but.... they have a nice website, Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge, Pinelands Wildlife Rehabilitation, Nature Center, treating wildlife injuries and rehabilitating injured animals in NJ New Jersey that tells more about them.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:07 AM   #7
WG Contest Coordinator

I have been there several times and I know a couple of people that work there. They are located just a few minutes from where I live and Mary has transported several birds there for rehab. It is a good organization and they are the busiest rehab facility in NJ. I would be a volunteer there but they require that you obligate yourself to a certain number of hours on a set schedule. My life just does not allow for that kind of commitment to a volunteer position.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #8
WG Staff

Thanks for covering them tineckbone.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #9
Fox

Spreading the word does have it's own reward - my hat's off to you Tineckbone!
I will age, but I refuse to get old.
NEWisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
WG Contest Coordinator

Default Update

I have had a meeting with Jeanne Gural at Woodford Cedar Run. I am definitely going to be presenting at their event, taking the place of Mike McGrath from NPR. I have also spoken with the other presenter, Carole Brown and oddly enough she is actually a member here on the WG. here is the poster that is advertising the event. If anyone happens to find themself in the area on that day, I will be presenting at 2pm...
Attached Thumbnails
Shout out to members gardening in southern New Jersey- Will you help?-plant-fair-poster_2010.pdf  

Tags
calling, gardening, jersey, members, nature center, new jersey, pinelands wildlife rehabilitation, shout, southern, volunteer, wildlife, wildlife gardening, wildlife refuge, woodford cedar run