Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
Co-Administrator

Thumbs up Amazon Shopping - Do it from Here and Support Wildlife Gardeners!

Wildlife Gardeners is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program.

This program provides a convenient way for members and guests to do their shopping at Amazon, and at the same time help support Wildlife Gardeners.

How does it work?
When you click on any Amazon link that is on our website you are taken to Amazon's website. One link that you can use is at the end of this post.

Once you get to Amazon from one of our links, if you then make a purchase at Amazon we will earn a small commission for the sale. It works for everything that you purchase at that time.

After you get to the Amazon website from one of our links just go to the products that you want to purchase, put them in your cart, and complete your order. It’s all done automatically. Amazon knows that you came to their store from Wildlife Gardeners and they will give us a small commission for the sale. You do not have to buy the product in the link that you used to get to Amazon.

For the purchaser everything is exactly the same as any shopping experience at Amazon. Same prices, same deals, same services - same everything. There is no additional cost to you.

And at the same time you will be providing Wildlife Gardeners with some much needed financial support. It will help to pay the costs of keeping Wildlife Gardeners online. It’s a great way for you to get the products that you want from the Amazon store and help support Wildlife Gardeners at the same time!

Frequently Asked Questions:

When I click on a link at Wildlife Gardeners and I land at the Amazon website, does that mean I have to buy something?
No. There's no obligation to buy anything.

When I buy something at Amazon, how can I be sure that Wildlife Gardeners will get the commission?
The simplest and surest way to be sure that Wildlife Gardeners receives the commission is to always enter the Amazon website through an Amazon link here at the Wildlife Gardeners website for all of your shopping at Amazon. You don’t have to do anything extra, it will all be done automatically if you get to Amazon through one of the links on WG.

I’m not a member of Wildlife Gardeners but I enjoy visiting your website, can I help support Wildlife Gardeners?
Yes. We would very much appreciate your support. Guests that use the Amazon links on our website to make purchases at Amazon will earn a commission for Wildlife Gardeners.

Will Wildlife Gardeners know who buys what?
No. All we get is a list of products purchased and the commissions they earned. We do not know who bought them.

Will Wildlife Gardeners get my home address, email address, credit card number or other personal information?
No. Only Amazon will have the information that you provide to them during the purchase transaction. Amazon does not share this information with us.

You can use the following link to go to Amazon’s website; or use any other Amazon link on our website (they all start with 'Amazon.com:').
Amazon.com: Bringing Nature Home: How You Can Sustain Wildlife with Native Plants, Updated and Expanded (9780881929928): Rick Darke, Douglas W. Tallamy: Books

Happy shopping, and thank you for supporting Wildlife Gardeners!!

Last edited by Cirsium; 07-19-2015 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Added info and clarification
Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:03 AM   #2
Fox

Nice and easy - I will use it for my next purchase.
I will age, but I refuse to get old.
NEWisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
Co-Administrator

Just a reminder for all you early Christmas shoppers - making your Amazon purchases through a Wildlife Gardeners link to the Amazon website helps to support our website!

Old 10-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

I did it last month, I hope it shows in your reports. We'd like to know it's working correctly or we're doing it correctly!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I did it last month, I hope it shows in your reports. We'd like to know it's working correctly or we're doing it correctly!
There is no way for us to know who bought what. If you want to tell me what was purchased and the price (either here or in a PM), I can check to see if it went through our affiliate program.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #6

"Don't just do something, sit there"
"It's easier than you think" both Sylvia Boorstein, and
"Windflower" by Nick Bantock

Don't remember the prices they were all new, not used
Old 10-05-2010, 04:52 PM   #7
Co-Administrator

The "Windflower: A Novel" by Nick Bantock book did go through the affiliate program and earn WG a commission. Thank you!

The other two did not. If you used one of the other booksellers listed at Amazon that may be the reason. Many of the other booksellers listed at Amazon do not participate in Amazon's affiliate program, so Amazon does not pay a commission for purchases from those sellers. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell in advance if any particular bookseller other than Amazon itself participates in the program.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #8

book stack

Interesting. Here are some links to check from amazon and my acct.

All three books are listed as sold by and shipped from Amazon.

"It's easier than you think"
and "Don't just do something, sit there"

And if you can access this page, it shows the whole transaction. (doesnt show proper page...I'll try again)

I'm interested because I purchased the books new so they would qualify for the WG commission or whatever it is.

With the holiday season coming up, let's get a better understanding of what qualifies. Of course I wouldn't expect third-party vendors such as those for used books to count. What about items other than books? I'm not sure if everything other than books are third-party or not.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #9

Order Placed:
September 6, 2010

View Order Details | View Invoice
Item(s) Subtotal: $38.52 Shipping & Handling: $5.97 ----- Total Before Tax: $44.49 Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $3.87 ----- Grand Total: $48.36
Old 10-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #10
WG Facilitator

Those pennies and dollars add up. If you're gonna buy it anyway, you're making a donation for free!

Tags
amazon, amazon link, amazon.com, associates, books, buy, christmas shopping, donation, financial, gardeners, gifts, llc, program, services, shop, shopping, support, wildlife, wildlife gardeners