Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #41
Salamander

Thank you for directing me, sprucetree. I was so confused not finding Amazon since you mentioned it. I kept thinking, it had to be right in front of my face.
Birding Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #42
The Bug Whisperer

I must be dumber than dirt, as I've tried following all the instructions, and NEVER have succeeded in reaching Amazon.com from post no. 1 in this thread. The only way that I ever have succeeded was to have clicked on an existing link in a subsequent post...

Henry Ward Beecher
suunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #43
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suunto View Post
I must be dumber than dirt, as I've tried following all the instructions, and NEVER have succeeded in reaching Amazon.com from post no. 1 in this thread. The only way that I ever have succeeded was to have clicked on an existing link in a subsequent post...
This is driving me crazy too! If it's not working for you it's probably not working for some others.

I've tested the link while signed in and as a guest while signed out, with both the Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. It worked each time.

It could be a setting on the browser that you use, but if it works for you on other links that doesn't seem too likely. Could it be that the browser is opening a new window or tab that is being obscured by the original window? What happens when you click on the link?

Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #44
Official Plant Nerd

Ya know something.... I just checked a list I did for BB on books for IA and I clicked on every single one of the links and they all converted to being links that gave credit to the site.... every single link I clicked on that I added to the post over here, Quite Overwhelmed had the identifier on it!!! I just figured something out.... if we can't get a link or something to work.... all we have to do is delete everything after the / where the ref code starts and add the code that gives credit to here, ref=nosim/?tag=wildlife-gardeners-20 It looks like all their links have some sort of a referrer code that must tell them if we're coming from a yahoo search or somewhere else so if we just cut out the code and add our own.... that way they get the 2-3% credit!!!!

adding.... can somebody make the referrer code that gives us credit bold for me... I never could figure out how to do that!!!

Last edited by TheLorax; 04-20-2012 at 08:01 AM. Reason: per request to bold ref code
Equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:20 AM   #45
Heron

wolf This is important and helps keep the forum intresting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirsium View Post
Wildlife Gardeners is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program.

This program provides a convenient way for members and guests to do their shopping at Amazon, and at the same time help support Wildlife Gardeners.

How does it work?
When you click on any Amazon link on our website (book titles, etc.; they all start with "Amazon.com:") you are taken to the Amazon website. If you then make a purchase at Amazon we will earn a small commission for the sale. It works for everything that you purchase at that time. You do not have to buy the product in the link that you used to get to Amazon. After you get to the Amazon website from one of our links just go to the products that you want to purchase, put them in your cart, and complete your order. Itís all done automatically. Amazon knows that you came to their store from Wildlife Gardeners and they will give us a small commission for the sale.

For the purchaser everything is exactly the same as any shopping experience at Amazon. Same prices, same deals, same services - same everything. There is no additional cost to you.

And at the same time you will be providing Wildlife Gardeners with some much needed financial support. It will help to pay the costs of keeping Wildlife Gardeners online. Itís a great way for you to get the products that you want from the Amazon store and help support Wildlife Gardeners at the same time!

Frequently Asked Questions:

If I click on a link at Wildlife Gardeners and I land at the Amazon web site, does that mean I have to buy something?
No. There's no obligation to buy anything.

When I buy something at Amazon, how can I be sure that Wildlife Gardeners will get the commission?
You donít have to do anything extra, it will all be done automatically. The simplest and surest way to be sure that Wildlife Gardeners receives the commission is to always enter the Amazon website through an Amazon link here at the Wildlife Gardeners website for all of your shopping at Amazon.

Iím not a member of Wildlife Gardeners but I enjoy visiting your website, can I help support Wildlife Gardeners?
Yes. We would very much appreciate your support. Guests that use the Amazon links on our website to make purchases at Amazon will earn a commission for Wildlife Gardeners.

Will Wildlife Gardeners know who buys what?
No. All we get is a list of products purchased and the commissions they earned. We do not know who bought them.

Will Wildlife Gardeners get my home address, email address, credit card number or other personal information?
No. Only Amazon will have the information that you provide to them during the purchase transaction.

You can use the following link to go to Amazonís website; or use any other Amazon link (they all start with "Amazon.com:") on our website.
Amazon.com: Bringing Nature Home: How You Can Sustain Wildlife with Native Plants, Updated and Expanded (9780881929928): Rick Darke, Douglas W. Tallamy: Books

Happy shopping, and thank you for supporting Wildlife Gardeners!!

---Most Members know about Amazon and the idea of joining Prime for 79.00 dollars a year has many benefits and even guests can use it. --- If you have trouble with linking the only 2 things I can think of is your provider or security is setting the cookies wrong. Enabling Cookies is what lets your computer link. Equil> Don't think bold-face would work, Everyone would have to change settings and Amazon might not want to support 2 links.
Third year they leap; So plant some today
sprucetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #46
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

My son ordered my camera using W.G.'s link to amazon, following NEWiscs instructions...Camera options no problem.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #47
Co-Administrator

For all of you Cyber shoppers don't forget that you can help support WG by using WG's Amazon Associate Program (see post #1 in this thread).

Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #48
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Thanks for the reminder, Cirsium.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #49
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

idea

I keep frequently used websites on the bar under the url, sometimes referred to bookmarks, so can we do that with the link for WG/Amazon purchases? Or is it timed to expire in ten minutes?
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #50
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

If we can make it that easy, I'll give it to my son who just spent $800 last week on Amazon for a used ipad. He's favoring Amazon now anyway!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, amazon link, amazon.com, associates, books, buy, christmas shopping, donation, financial, gardeners, gifts, llc, program, services, shop, shopping, support, wildlife, wildlife gardeners