Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
WG Operations, Facilitator

camera5 Photo Upload Problems

Photo Upload Problems

Thank you to the members who brought the photo uploading issue to our attention. (Time out errors & token verbage when uploading photos.)

The problem is being researched and we hope to have the issue resolved soon. The problem stems from high pixel photos. This means that either our file resizing utility has met it's match, or perhaps is not functioning correctly. We need to sort out the root of the problem.

We have entered the era of the megapixel camera. While servers may be able to handle the resizing of one large file, servers may not be able to handle the re-sizing of five at once.

This issue seems to affect members who attempt to upload extremely high quality photos. We certainly don't want users to have to change their desired camera settings. Until we sort out the problem please continue to attempt to upload photos with a few modifications:

Upload one photo at a time time.
OR
Re-size your photos prior to uploading them.

If you are not experiencing any issues with photo uploads, Yeah!!! You can continue to upload up to 5 photos per post as always.

If you need to report a photo uploading problem, please reply to this post, so we don't get off topic in other member's posts.

Thanks for your patience.
BooBooBearBecky
Old 07-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooBearBecky View Post
Photo Upload Problems...

This issue seems to affect members who attempt to upload extremely high quality photos...
That won't affect me, I have no high quality photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooBearBecky View Post
If you are not experiencing any issues with photo uploads, Yeah!!!
Then you are like dapjwy: you have pictures of low quality.

~wink~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Ahhhhh Well that had me laughing....Thanks
Any photos are welcomed photos.... I like to look too!

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Ahhhhh Well that had me laughing....Thanks
Any photos are welcomed photos.... I like to look too!
Laughter is good...we all need more laughter in our lives.

I have never let the low-quality of my photos stop me from sending them in.
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #5
Official Plant Nerd

"This issue seems to affect members who attempt to upload extremely high quality photos." My last camera that was only 5 mega pixels bit the dust. My new camera has like 12 mega pixels. First time I used it I filled up a card in no time flat. That's when we found a compression ratio setting. I think all of the newer cameras will let you change recording pixels which is what they call changing the photo size. I do not need to blow up my photos to poster size so we put the new camera on a setting that was about the equivalent of it being a 6 mega pixel camera. My photos are on a M1 setting which sorta reduced the photos to what they were on the last camera and I don't fill up cards as fast. This never happened to me before last night and I've been using this camera on the same settings for the whole year so far if that helps figure out what's going wrong. Tonight I had some problems again loading only one photo and then the next time I uploaded the same photo and some different ones of the same plant I didn't have any problems. There's no rhyme or reason to when this happens for me at least. This is weird but.... I'm stalling out on page loads too and other things are sort of out of whack if that makes any sense.

Tags
error, error message, issue, message, photo, pictures, problem, problems, token, token error, upload, upload photos, uploading, uploading photos