Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2019, 09:15 PM   #11
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
Hmmm...I'm sorry to hear that this is not WG's heyday. I think we should try and get more people on the forum as it's such an important and timely subject. I will spread the word through my hort peeps.
That would be great!

Yes, it is an important and timely topic. I have been interested in native plants and natural habitat gardening since my late teens--the late 1980s.

The general public is finally getting on board. It is becoming more mainstream.

I think Facebook is at least partly to blame for the lull in activity here on WG.

There are several of us who remember the golden age...and we are trying to check in more and post more.

You have already brought more life into the forum with your posts.

I have tried posting links and talking up the forum on Facebook groups that deal with natives and wildlife. One woman joined, then told me that the forum was outdated--I prefer this to Facebook; the threads are easier to follow and easier to find through searches.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:54 AM   #12
Great Horned Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
Hmmm...I'm sorry to hear that this is not WG's heyday. I think we should try and get more people on the forum as it's such an important and timely subject. I will spread the word through my hort peeps.
The would be helpful, Martha. When numerous posts were being made some years ago, it was a bit like going to wildlife preservation school, with so much knowledge of wildlife gardening and earth friendly planting being shared. I'd love to see a resurgence in the use of the site.

I think the difficulty and limitations of posting pictures discourages some, but the text associated with the pictures is often the real drawing card, supplying the bulk of information about fellow gardener's experiences...

Oracle at Delphi
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 05:59 PM   #13
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Check this out.....Most users ever online was 1,944, 12-18-2019 at 12:02 AM. That's encouraging! I'ts in today's sideline
AND Online User count for right now is: 260!

Now if they'd only join in and open themselves up for some communication and sharing with one another.
Just asking questions often times gets the ball rolling.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:13 PM   #14
Great Horned Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Check this out.....Most users ever online was 1,944, 12-18-2019 at 12:02 AM. That's encouraging! I'ts in today's sideline
AND Online User count for right now is: 260!

Now if they'd only join in and open themselves up for some communication and sharing with one another.
Just asking questions often times gets the ball rolling.
Wow! That's a complete surprise to me. Amazing, actually...

Oracle at Delphi
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:26 PM   #15
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

I, also, prefer being able to follow threads, pull them up through searches, and such. Facebook groups don't seem to have the same appeal to me.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, error message, issue, message, photo, pictures, problem, problems, token, token error, upload, upload photos, uploading, uploading photos