Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #21
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Then I went into the tools/options and deleted all the cookies from that time frame; rebooted and checked again to make sure all traces I could delete were gone from history, cookies, etc.
Safe Browsing Tool | WOT Web of Trust can help you avoid internet slime bogs in the future-- it works!
Calliandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #22
WG Writer

Wow! Calliandra that just what I need. The worst one for me is the one who pretends to be Internet Explorer and just grabs your computer and takes over claiming you have viruses. The only way Ive seen to stop it is flip the OFF switch and then do a thorough clean-up when you reconnect.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #23
1st Place Winner Winner Butterfly/Moth Contest & Official Ant Man

Considering the shift in new management here maybe we could ask some of the people who were banned back. I always thought the name and shame wall was pointless.
MrILoveTheAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #24
Butterfly Educator Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrILoveTheAnts View Post
Considering the shift in new management here maybe we could ask some of the people who were banned back. I always thought the name and shame wall was pointless.
I have no idea what this is about and not sure if I want to know...
bridget1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:05 PM   #25
Co-Administrator

Quote:
There is no "shift in new management".

Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #26
WG's Mr. Tomato Head

MrILoveTheAnts- I moved your 07-11-2010 post from the “How did you find the Wildlife Gardeners Website?” thread. That wasn't a discussion thread for banned members. This is.

Quote:
maybe we could ask some of the people who were banned back.
Not going to happen and stop beating around the bush. The only member you want back is Stoloniferous.

Members don't like bearing the brunt of personal attacks. We don't either. Wildlife Gardeners isn't a kiddie gaming forum where anything goes.
"If gardening isn't a pleasure for you, chances are the work will merely give you a rotten disposition. If you'd rather be golfing or fishing, get a bumper sticker that says so, and forget gardening."
Elsa Bakalar
WG Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #27
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe we could ask some of the people who were banned back. I always thought the name and shame wall was pointless.
I can't believe what I just read.....Why in the heck would you want to allow people back onto the sight that were banned?
Staff takes what ever measures needed to keep this sight clean and enjoyable for all of us! It's not like you misbehave once and you're out of here.
There's plenty of warnings beforehand..... It's up to them, shape up or ship out! It's plain and simple. They're gone because they chose to ignore the warnings.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #28
WG Writer

Mr. I Love the Ants. I have witnessed the agony --not to mention the consumption of valuable time that our administration goes through when a member is banned. Believe me those are the people we do not want here. We need members who promote the specific focus of this site.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #29
1st Place Winner Winner Butterfly/Moth Contest & Official Ant Man

Apparently this was an awful idea. Let me explain my reasoning, though I completely understand it's not happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirsium View Post
You can help us find new members by letting us know how you found us.
"New" and "More" are kind of the same thing in this case. And I thought well we already have a few banned members for sock puppets? astroturfing? questioning site management.

Quote:
Considering the shift in new management
That came out wrong. I didn't mean it that way. A month ago the forum was going to shut down all together. Someone (Cirsium?) wrote something like "Most of the founding members have left." I assumed most of these were moderators/admins. Assuming that's right then it's somewhat true that we are under new management, or whatever it's called when one partner leaves a company to another partner. (is there a term?)

So this was just a suggestion. I didn't mean it to offend. And I wasn't targeting Stoloniferous specifically.
MrILoveTheAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:58 AM   #30
Unicellular Fungi

Regarding the shutting down of Wildlife Gardeners, it was Fearless Weeder’s most recent death that prompted the heart breaking decision. Without his unwavering 24/7 support, our future appeared unmitigable. Evidently our decision was an awful idea. A wealth of resources was discovered when members began unselfishly offering their gifts and talents to Wildlife Gardeners. We have our community to thank for our second chance.

It was not an awful idea MrILoveTheAnts. It is only natural to desire the resurrection of a member with whom one had positive interactions. I thank you for understanding that banned members can not be a part of our reorganization. We simply do not have the resources to repeatedly address disturbances from disruptive elements. Please be patient with us while we reorganize.

Tags
attacks, ban, banned, banned members, banning, etiquette, forum, forum etiquette, forum rules, members, misbehavior, rules