Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #41
Official Plant Nerd

Nice new signature hava!!! It's sooooo you!
Old 07-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #42
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Sooooooo you noticed it.

It has been there for a while but it wasn't very visible in black. I tried to add color to it earlier this week but wasn't able to.
I had asked why and Cirsium helped me by unblocking something so we could add the color to stand out more.

I couldn't think of one that moved me until I opened up my grandfathers desk and ran into a piece of paper I had saved for many years. I read it as I have done so many times before and decided. This is IT! I replaced the original word man with woman as I felt it would fit me better that way!

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:22 AM   #43
Grub

And here I thought the thread was gonna be full of this
Attached Thumbnails
Requesting Help- Contributions of Anchor Photos for Forums-2026_09_51-anchor_web.jpg  
gbreadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:29 AM   #44
Official Plant Nerd

Do you have a boat? I have always liked photos of fishing nets and vintage glass floats.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:29 AM   #45

Ginger your too much!

Old 07-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #46
WG Guardian Spirit

The county came up my driveway and mowed a patch of daylilies just the other day.
JennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #47

Oh nooooooooooooo

Old 07-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #48
Grub

A few years ago, I prepped a huge place on the side of the highway next to my house and planted thousands of wildflowers by hand and watered and nurtured them until I had this gorgeouse field of wildflowers. I went out there one day and a lady had literally filled the back of her Ford Expedition with them (seat to ceiling, front to back, side to side). She had taken almost every flower that was in bloom. Shortly thereafter, the contractors came in and mowed the rest of them down. We have some sort of State law that prevents highway mowing until after the wildflowers are finished blooming. When I called our city to inquire about how I understood that they weren't supposed to mow, I got the whole story about reduced visibility and potential for causing accidents and it is city property, blah, blah, blah. I do have a few that pop back up every year, but there is always someone who will stop and pick them. I don't think they will let us put up "do not mow" signs. The other day, someone stopped and picked ALL the rose blooms and unopened buds that were in my flowerbed near the street. I'm guessing it was the college kids down the street. How frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
That's what I should have put up in the ditch here. I found someone had removed a lot of the (native?) yellow lilies along the road.

The stupid jerks took only those in bloom and were obviously not smart enough to recognize the ones not in bloom and tossed them aside to die.

I had wondered at the time if it would be legal to put a sign there so I didn't go ahead and do it. Last weekend I took a drive by thinking maybe I could replant them. Well a lot more are now history! Another jack sssssssssss regraded the road and leveled the soil along the road scraping them away with the excess!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #49

What did you say to her when you caught her stealing your flowers? I would have been Sooooooooooo psssssssssssssd. Did you get her licence plate #?

Old 07-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #50
Grub

The first time I caught a neighbor and her daughter and asked them to not pick them and explained the whole story about letting them go to seed so they will be there next year for everyone to enjoy, the neighbor got mad at me. This time, this lady had them all in her Expedition and saw me looking at her and threw some more in and drove away. Since it is city or state property, there is nothing I or anyone can do. It is a whole 'nother story if they are on my property stealing flowers. My wife doesn't want me to put any veggies in the side yard because she knows folks will steal them. We live in a decent neighborhood, but lots of folks are very selfish. I think the lady who took the whole car load was probably making arrangements and selling them. No other reason to take that many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
What did you say to her when you caught her stealing your flowers? I would have been Sooooooooooo psssssssssssssd. Did you get her licence plate #?

Tags
anchor, contributions, forums, photos, requesting