Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
Administrator

Default Forum changes and upgrades

We have recently been upgrading some of the applications that power our site. While making upgrades we discovered the older version had been allowing members to choose whether their online status appeared to other members and guests or not. This option was in error and should have been disabled. It had been our intent to enable this feature for facilitators and mentors. Our facilitators and mentors were not using this feature. It has been removed. We apologize if anyone was using the feature.

The new version we have allows us to determine whether or not guests may view the online status of registered members or not. We have chosen to disallow guests from viewing any registered member's online status. As of today, no one other than another registered member who is logged on can view who is using the site.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Just wondering...My computer is connected most of the day. I'm always signed on though the WG window may be minimized while I'm doing other things or even away from the computer. Do I still appear as "on line" or does your program know if I'm not currently looking at WG?
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:08 AM   #3
Administrator

After a certain period of inactivity a registered member would no longer appear as being online to other registered members. I guess we could tell if you were active or not.

When you have been online we would not not have viewed you as Sage who could have been visible or invisible but as an active IP address that could either be resolved and associated or not. We're not interested in identifiable IP addresses associated with a registered member. We're interested in unresolved IP addresses to determine what Perfect Privacy from the US or the Russian Federation is doing at Wildlife Gardeners.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Good point. I was thinking more of the little window listing currently active viewers.

Now I keep getting this when I try to post: Maybe it's because my computer has been idle...
Quote:
Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window.
Token?
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
Administrator

Every once in a while we run into this token issue. Generally it resolves itself. From time to time we have asked members to clear their cache and restart their computer. Try that and check the remember me box in the login area where you type your username and password. See if that doesn't address the token issue.

Tags
forum, upgrades