Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
WG Fundraising Coordinator

Default Motto suggestions

Hello everyone - If you've been following the Management Team announcements you know we are looking for catchy phrases that best express WG's mission statement. Let's hear any and all ideas from you. dap, I believe you had a very pithy one "got wildlife???" which I really like. Simple, to the point and funny!

So get creative people! Once we get a number of them we'll take a collective vote on the favorite. Have fun with it!

-linrose
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Official Plant Nerd

I'm not exactly creative but.... I know what I like and I like Dappy's signature.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
Fox

bear

If you think 2 bear cubs playing under a blanket is funny, you'll love WG.

or

WG, don't be intimidated by the tomato with a cigarette.

or

WG, where our weed is legal, most of the time.

or

Find out what buckbrush & panty hose have in common @ WG!

ww

Last edited by WG Admin; 12-05-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: administrative edit :D
wildwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
Grub

I'm with Equil - I think Dap's signature works well, but can we use it given it's an unknown quote?
disuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Be a Wildlife Gardener!
With the URL below
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
dap, I believe you had a very pithy one "got wildlife???" which I really like. Simple, to the point and funny!
Just today, while driving home, I started thinking of ideas for a T-shirt design. I hope to mock up some kind of thumbnail before too long.

The funny thing is, when I suggested "got wildlife?" I was saying we needed something *like* that...but i was wary thinking that "got milk?" thing has been overdone. I'm okay with it if that is what others want...but I was hoping for something more original.

Today, I thought of "Remember butterflies?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwatcher View Post
WG, don't be intimidated by the tomato with a cigarette.
I *love* it! But, you'd probably have to add the disclaimer "Unless you are a rotten, good-for-nothin' spammer--then LOOK OUT!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
I'm not exactly creative but.... I know what I like and I like Dappy's signature.
Thanks. I was thinking about how to create a T-shirt related to that myself. My other thought on my drive home was "What's moving in your yard?" ...but I'm not sure about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disuhan View Post
I'm with Equil - I think Dap's signature works well, but can we use it given it's an unknown quote?
disuhan, I'm really upset that I had to add "unknown" because, when I first used that quote (which I got from a post HERE), there was a name that went along with it. I changed my signature for a short time, and when I went back to it, I couldn't find the woman's name. (If memory serves, it was a woman.)

If someone can find it, please let me know, I'd love to give credit in my signature line. I've tried the search option and even asking in a thread with no luck. Maybe the administration has a better search option or another trick up thier sleeve to find it.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #7

Welcome Wildlife!
(with the logo and URL below)
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 12-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
Fox

"Wildlife - Garden like their lives depend on it"
benj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by benj1 View Post
"Wildlife - Garden like their lives depend on it"
Nice one, benj!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #10
Co-Administrator

For anyone that hasn't been to our Home page in a while here's our mission statement:
Quote:
Wildlife Gardeners promotes environmentally sound practices to preserve biodiversity. We do so by encouraging discussions of the preservation, restoration and establishment of native flora and fauna AND sustainable gardening practices. The Best science will prevail. We are an environmental tutelage and advocacy organization dedicated to fostering a love of ecosystems and education in the areas of environmental science and natural history.

Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecology, gardening, gardens, habitat, ideas, motto, phrases, slogan, suggest, suggestions, wildlife, wildlife gardeners