Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #81
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Yup it is in the havalotta Thread.
I responded in that thread to you-Linrose as well stating that the two photos were sent via E-mail on 12/14/12
Did you miss them? To save you some back tracking, I resent the pair to you again today via BOTH E-mail address.

I don't know why my box is reading full when it has room for thirty some after deleting quite a few last week. I've contacted W.G. about it so hopefully things will be fixed.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #82
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

hava, do you empty your "sent" folder too? They remain after deleting the inbox.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #83
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Yes I do and it says I've 65 message stored out of the 100 allowed...
They must have fixed things as you and I have been P.M.ing one another this eve...ok

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #84
WG Fundraising Coordinator

Hi all! I've been AWOL for some time, now back to tackle the POM calendar again. What a project! I still have some loose ends to clear up, dap, NEWisc, equil, and jpdenk, if you could PM me we have some things to take care of. To the forum, on the layout, is full bleed on the photo OK? If so I can place the the photographer's name inside the photo in Photoshop with a copyright symbol (once I figure out how to do that) I think I can do it in InDesign and then import it into Photoshop where I'm editing the photos. Another option is a white border with the text below. Yeah. Anyhoo, I've looked into other printers besides Vistaprint that's been jerking me along, I'm looking for the best price and service overall.

Seeing how it's almost March, (nobody at fault here, just a series of problems) I'm also leaving it to the forum to decide whether to abort or go ahead with the calendar at all. I'm OK with any decision. In any case if we decide to go ahead next year with a calendar we'll be way better prepared to handle it. Which ever way you all decide I'm still ordering a calendar I've already downloaded (well, most of it anyway!) I think it's pretty cool.

Oh, and BTW, not to be presuming or anything, I'm putting one of my photos on the cover (a fritillary on butterflyweed). Cooks privilege and all!

Comments?
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #85
Official Plant Nerd

"Seeing how it's almost March, (nobody at fault here, just a series of problems) I'm also leaving it to the forum to decide whether to abort or go ahead with the calendar at all." Ummmmm no way would I abort. So you got hit by the mack truck last year called.... drum roll please... the learning curve. It happens. Big whoop. Go for it... this year. Maybe just start collecting all the POM winners as they win so you're not caught in the 11th hour again trying to get folk during the holidays>>>?
--
That vistaprint that jerked you along.... I wouldn't order anything from them just because.... they took advantage of you and "jerked" you along!!! maybe it's just me but.... I'm not into dealing with anyone or anyplace that treats me like a 2nd class citizen. I don't know what kinda pricing that vista had but there's gotta be other places that maybe could "service" and "price" match. I have no clue what I'm searching for but this popped up when I yahooed and check out what they say about CostCo, Where to Get Calendars Printed that Are Cheap Enough to Resell - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com. That might be worth checking into. And here's another online source that looked interesting, Custom Calendars, Calendar Printing, Photo Calendars, business calendars ~OvernightPrints.com.
--
Oh... and about full bleed what ever... and copyrights.... and border colors and whatever....I have no clue what you're talking but.... my momma always taught me that too many cooks would spoil the broth so can't you just "surprise" everyone and go with whatever you think looks the best? I mean.... I doubt they woulda picked you if they didn't think you could pull this off!!! You've got really good taste... just go for it!!! Think of it sorta like you did when you put your photo on the cover.... cooks privilege!!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #86
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
Hi all! I've been AWOL for some time, now back to tackle the POM calendar again. What a project!

...Seeing how it's almost March, (nobody at fault here, just a series of problems) I'm also leaving it to the forum to decide whether to abort or go ahead with the calendar at all....

Oh, and BTW, not to be presuming or anything, I'm putting one of my photos on the cover (a fritillary on butterflyweed). Cooks privilege and all!

Comments?
Welcome back, linrose. ~sigh~ it sounds like quite an ordeal! I think you are right about it being easier should we do it again next year (which I hope we will).

I for one would like a calendar of this year...I think of it as a keepsake and not just functional. We'll see what others think.

"Cook's privilege", I love it! sounds good to me.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
--
Oh... and about full bleed what ever... and copyrights.... and border colors and whatever....I have no clue what you're talking but.... my momma always taught me that too many cooks would spoil the broth so can't you just "surprise" everyone and go with whatever you think looks the best? I mean.... I doubt they woulda picked you if they didn't think you could pull this off!!! You've got really good taste... just go for it!!! Think of it sorta like you did when you put your photo on the cover.... cooks privilege!!!!
I was going to vet for the full bleed, but if it is too much trouble getting the names and copy-right directly on the photo, then whatever you choose is fine. I agree with Lib, surprise us.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 02-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #88
WG's Mr. Tomato Head

Linrose-

These decisions are yours.

- Mark
"If gardening isn't a pleasure for you, chances are the work will merely give you a rotten disposition. If you'd rather be golfing or fishing, get a bumper sticker that says so, and forget gardening."
Elsa Bakalar
WG Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #89
WG Fundraising Coordinator

OK, cool. I've actually started working with Overnightprints, thanks equil. dap, I need your original goldfinch photo from January, the one you sent me isn't best quality, uncropped if you have it (300 dpi at 81/2x11) NEWisc and jpdenk and equil, I need your full names for crediting your photos. That should about do it for now. I'm thinking I'll order a batch at a time (10 or 25 or whatever) and front the cost and mail them out to whoever wants one, then you can send me a check and I'll send the profits back to you WG Admin if that works. Sounds complicated but I think it's the best way to go.

Back to it! Thanks guys!
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
OK, cool. I've actually started working with Overnightprints, thanks equil. dap, I need your original goldfinch photo from January, the one you sent me isn't best quality, uncropped if you have it (300 dpi at 81/2x11) NEWisc and jpdenk and equil, I need your full names for crediting your photos. That should about do it for now. I'm thinking I'll order a batch at a time (10 or 25 or whatever) and front the cost and mail them out to whoever wants one, then you can send me a check and I'll send the profits back to you WG Admin if that works. Sounds complicated but I think it's the best way to go.

Back to it! Thanks guys!
Oops! I forgot to PM you. I guess that is what I'd've found out if I did. Okay...I will look for it. I hope I can find the original...apparently what I sent wasn't it.

Tags
announce, announcement, calendar, caps, fund, logo, manage, management, motto, print, printing, raising, sell, selling, t-shirts, team