Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #31
WG Fundraising Coordinator

My point exactly Sage. I am requesting a digital copy of the original artwork to use for screen printing. The same goes for photography, I'll need original sized photos, cropping is fine, for printing, calendars, what have you.

I'll be out of town for the weekend visiting my daughters for Thanksgiving, part 2. Catch up to y'all on Monday!
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #32
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

So we'd need appropriate sizes of logo for tees, totes, caps and whatever else we choose.

Since Dec POM winner won't be decided til after Jan 6th, you may have to use last Dec winner for calendars. Maybe even Nov's because that won't be decided before Dec 6th.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #33
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
So we'd need appropriate sizes of logo for tees, totes, caps and whatever else we choose.
Usually an image that is larger than the intended use is best and can be shrunk down to fit a baseball cap--even having it larger than what would appear on a T-shirt and, then, shrunk to fit is likely better than just full size.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~

Last edited by dapjwy; 11-30-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: clarifying
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #34

Ok, I'm not a graphics person...
Old 12-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #35

Hi everyone, I'm back from Columbus, those girls of mine ran me ragged all weekend but we had a blast. Now I have three weeks to gather my thoughts and get ready for a gang at Christmas including my oldest's fiance who has not been here before.

I am an amateur graphic designer I admit, but I've done logos for our company, my daughter's new dental practice and lots of other what-have-you over the years. As long as I can get an EPS (Encapsulated Post Script) of the logo I can resize in Adobe Illustrator to suit the garment and still keep the integrity of the image. We even made a huge company logo for our trailer that Jason takes on the road for trade shows.

I'm really positive about the calendar, this week I'll start talking to you all about burning your original copies to disc and sending them to me so I can start to put them together. We work with a local company that has made logo shirts and caps for us but I'll compare their prices with online places as well.

It's such a busy time for all of us, let's not put any extra pressure on ourselves and just see where this takes us. We don't need to push for Christmas, in fact I think it's really not doable. I wish I had an extra three months to organize, but such is life!

I'll get some quotes from our printer this week and go from there. I'll check Zazzle too, (thanks Sage) to check out their prices.

As always, PM me or make further comments here. Oh, and the motto idea perhaps should go in a separate thread. I'll start one and then WG Admin or someone who knows how to do the voting thing can help out from there. I have no clue. Get creative!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
I am an amateur graphic designer I admit, but I've done logos for our company, my daughter's new dental practice and lots of other what-have-you over the years. As long as I can get an EPS (Encapsulated Post Script) of the logo I can resize in Adobe Illustrator to suit the garment and still keep the integrity of the image. We even made a huge company logo for our trailer that Jason takes on the road for trade shows.
Cool. You've been holding out on us, linrose!

I went to school for art, but graphic design was never my specialty...I can recognize good design and creativity, but the few logos I've designed for non-profits were "nice enough" but nothing special.

Quote:
It's such a busy time for all of us, let's not put any extra pressure on ourselves and just see where this takes us.
As I mentioned in your motto thread, I'm *hoping* to mock up some kind of T-shirt design, but no promises (knowing I don't have to add extra pressure just might give me an excuse to put it off longer than I intended).
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 12-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #37

Hey we all have other committments, especially this time of year so don't sweat it dap. We've already gathered some really fine mottos, I'm so happy that we have so much talent here. I hope to get to our screen printer this week, maybe mess around with some ideas and get quotes.

We can talk about the details once I get a good idea of what we can do, I'm pretty sure once they set up the original screen it's just a matter of the cost of the shirts, totes, what have you. Embroidery on the caps would be awesome, but more expensive than screen printing. We made some totes for our local farmer's market when I was a vendor that looked cool but were really inexpensive and rustic looking, perhaps we can go that route with them.

Keep bringing on those ideas!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #38

Quote:
Hey we all have other committments, especially this time of year so don't sweat it dap. We've already gathered some really fine mottos, I'm so happy that we have so much talent here. I hope to get to our screen printer this week, maybe mess around with some ideas and get quotes.

We can talk about the details once I get a good idea of what we can do, I'm pretty sure once they set up the original screen it's just a matter of the cost of the shirts, totes, what have you. Embroidery on the caps would be awesome, but more expensive than screen printing. We made some totes for our local farmer's market when I was a vendor that looked cool but were really inexpensive and rustic looking, perhaps we can go that route with them.

Keep bringing on those ideas!

Well, I actually took some time to put my idea into a visual. Obviously, it needs cleaned up--I used the small-sized logo from the site for now. Also, I wasn't quite as selective of which photos/critters to use (all are from my own shots...but they don't have to be). Also, I'd like to incorporate some flowers, berries, and acorns--even Jeff said, "There should include some plants."

The mocked-up T-shirt is more what I had in mind. The close-up is rough and should be minus the owl...but it shows the critters more clearly.

Now, I've no idea what it might cost to print them up...and I have another idea in mind that I may or may not get around to working on.
Attached Thumbnails
Management team announcement-wildlife-gardener-t-shirt-mock-up.jpg   Management team announcement-wildlife-gardener-t-shirt-idea-copy.jpg  
Old 12-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #39

Aha! Now we know your secret, your art school background! Very cool idea, but the owl stays! Lorax said! But I like the idea!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #40
Offical Silphium Abuser

Like the tee-shirt--and the other ideas. I need to check this thread more often.

~http://rebeccas-window.blogspot.com/~
Rebek56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announce, announcement, calendar, caps, fund, logo, manage, management, motto, print, printing, raising, sell, selling, t-shirts, team