Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #21
WG's Mr. Tomato Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
One of the things I'd really like to see is sort of a motto, credo, catch phrase if you will to put with the graphics.
Thanks for taking the bull by the horns. We could use a motto.
"If gardening isn't a pleasure for you, chances are the work will merely give you a rotten disposition. If you'd rather be golfing or fishing, get a bumper sticker that says so, and forget gardening."
Elsa Bakalar
WG Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #22
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Lorax, yes, the logo is excellent
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #23
Unicellular Fungi

Thank you Sage, we thought the owl best represented wise land use practices. The graphics designer was a young man from Canada. All of the graphics designers were incredibly talented. We had difficulty choosing which artist to work with and even more difficulty choosing from the many styles he presented.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #24

I'm sure everyone agrees the logo is perfect! Is there any issue if it is slanted on a tee shirt? And I'd like to see Wildlife Gardeners dot com in the products too.
So, a non-binding motto contest maybe? For one week?
"Be a Wildlife Gardener!"
Old 11-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #25
WG Fundraising Coordinator

Thanks Lorax, that logo is great. If I could get a good digital copy of it I can get to work on printing it up for various projects.

Sage, my feelings exactly, a motto contest is a great idea. I have no clue how to do it, WG Admin? "Be a Wildlife Gardener" is a good start!

I'm enthusiastic about the prospects and ideas, keep 'em coming!
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #26
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

I think a motto or catchy phrase is great for a T-shirt. Something like "got wildlife?" (which is over done)...I guess I'm just thinking that a phrase or picture can be the main focus, with the logo and website smaller below it (or on the back of the shirt). I guess it depends on the design...I'm just saying the logo alone on the shirt is one way to go, but not the only way.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #27

So many ways! Often I see a small printed area of the upper right or left, with the larger name emblazoned on the back, but the options are wide open.

For a tote, should it be the same on both sides?

Baseball caps? I wear them a lot for photo shoots. . And the wildlife Gardeners colors are perfect for tees, caps and totes!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
Thanks Lorax, that logo is great. If I could get a good digital copy of it I can get to work on printing it up for various projects.

Sage, my feelings exactly, a motto contest is a great idea. I have no clue how to do it, WG Admin? "Be a Wildlife Gardener" is a good start!

I'm enthusiastic about the prospects and ideas, keep 'em coming!
Perhaps start a thread to collect ideas, then maybe a poll...
Old 11-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #29
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post

Baseball caps? I wear them a lot for photo shoots. . And the wildlife Gardeners colors are perfect for tees, caps and totes!
I think the logo, as is, is great for a baseball cap! For some reason I imagine something different for a shirt...but nothing s really coming to mind.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #30

I just tried to create a Tee shirt on Zazzle but the logo of course was too pixelated when enlarged for a tee. So first order of business is, do we have a large version of the logo for use on products?

Tags
announce, announcement, calendar, caps, fund, logo, manage, management, motto, print, printing, raising, sell, selling, t-shirts, team