Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #11
Official Plant Nerd

Big CONGRATS linrose!!!
--
Ok.... I'm not into buying "stuff" unless it's home made or edible but.... when the kids were little we let them design things and then we used some sort of a kit that let us use a regular color printer with the iron on paper that came in the kit. All I had to do was iron on their iron-ons. It was simple. They had fun "wearing" their art on t-shirts. I'd really like having a sleeveless t-shirt with the owl sitting in the tree on it and.... I've learned "branding" is a big deal these days. I don't have any ink cartridges for our printer anymore but.... I've got a boatload of t-shirts that are just plain I could use if we could "buy" the iron on. I'd kick in $$$ to help out over and above the cost of the iron-on. I've got 1 kid who is.... or at least he was decent with basic graphics back in HS so lemme see if he can whip something up real quick before he takes off for school tonight. If you like whatever he comes up with.... use it if you want. If not... no biggie.... I did do about 6 loads of laundry for him so he owes me!!!!

adding.... I just found this, http://www.bestblanks.com/transferpapers.html. I don't know if that's a good price or not but they've got the special iron-on paper for ink jet and laser printers. If that looks like something that could help you.... I'll send you $25 toward the cost of iron-ons and I'll still buy 1 that's printed on for myself and kick in extra toward any fundraising!!!

Last edited by Equilibrium; 11-24-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: adding something
Equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #12
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

Thanks for taking this on, Linrose! How about calendars with our POMs for the photos? That would seem appropriate.

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #13
Official Plant Nerd

I for sure could use a new pocket calendar for my purse.... my dentist stopped passing em out a few years ago!!!
--
My kid said he didn't have much to work with on my computer. He did what he could. He came up with something simple for a t-shirt or tote iron-on and tossed in an idea for an embroidered sew-on for a polo shirt. He says there's sewing machines out there that are electronic that can make sew-ons. I dunno.... my sewing machine is pretty basic but maybe somebody has 1.
Attached Files
File Type: docx t-shirt and pocket logo ideas.docx (311.2 KB, 16 views)
Old 11-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #14
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Check out zazzle.com
I think Hallmark shops still have pocket calendars, though I just use Google calendar
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
Official Plant Nerd

Our Hallmark went out of business. I've been buying cards at the grocery store for a year now which kinda sucks because they don't have as big of a selection. Farm and Fleet had some nice pocket calendars.... I was just too cheap to pay like $8.99 for 1. I'd pay that for a pocket calendar with our photos but... not for somebody else's especially when I used to be getting my pocket calendars for free from my dentist.
--
We do buy a large calendar and tape it on the front of an upper kitchen cabinet so I'd for sure buy 1 of those too and I definitely like the idea of photo of the month winners on it... it'd be kinda cool... I could point my "win" out to my husband and say "see see see.... your wife won a month." It'd be fun poking at him for teasing me about the way I take photos is all.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #16

Seriously, we have no where to go but doctor appointments and they generally call to remind us! Facebook alerts me to birthdays each week.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #17
WG Fundraising Coordinator

All great ideas guys! I'm just coming out of my post-Thanksgiving stupor so forgive me if I'm a bit slow getting back. I have lots of additional ideas, we should get the ball rolling soon as Christmas is just around the corner. I'm thinking of an e-Bay type auction of items people would generously donate, personal stuff is especially nice (artists, artisans, craftspeople, photographers???) Reserves could be set as well for those that wish it. Perhaps we could suspend POM gifts for a while and instead contribute them to the auction. Sage, we should chat about that.

A POM calendar is a good idea, also I'd like to PM those especially talented photographers in our group to see if they are willing to make enlargements of their favorite works for sale at a set price. Reimbursement for printing costs would be supplied if we have a good profit margin. Personally I'd love to have some of those works on my walls.

I'd love to see WG come up with a cool logo for printing up t-shirts, totes or what have you. I'm thinking of the Wild Ones logo as an example. Original art work would be great but maybe a photo would work too. One of the things I'd really like to see is sort of a motto, credo, catch phrase if you will to put with the graphics. Lots of us have signatures, and I know WG has guidelines, a mission statement. If we could come up with a shortened version, clever but not too whimsical, I'd love to see some suggestions. Then we can take a vote on the favorite and go with it.

Looking forward to it, its lots of work but a lot of fun too!
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #18

Linrose, we'll chat about the POM contest, but the contests have not had regular prizes for a couple years. Hopefully we can do both!
I'm thinking about a logo idea but I'm in the retina doctor's office now, so ill pick this up when I get home!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #19
Unicellular Fungi

I am truly pleased seeing this hub of activity. Thank you Sage. Thank you Linrose. Thank you everyone.

Wildlife Gardeners purchased a logo. Our logo appears in the upper left hand corner of every page of our website. It is the owl perched upon our name. Graphics designers were contacted and asked to submit samples of their work. Ultimately we hired a designer we believed capable of providing us with appropriate visual images from which to make a final selection. The logos submitted for review were positively wonderful. The decision was difficult, however, we chose the owl over other woodland animals. Wildlife Gardeners does own the logo.

We do not own the anchor picture displayed on our forum home page. We do have written authorization to display it. Our permissions would also include using the picture to support our Mission Statement.

We do not have a motto.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #20
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
All great ideas guys! I'm just coming out of my post-Thanksgiving stupor so forgive me if I'm a bit slow getting back...

I'd love to see WG come up with a cool logo for printing up t-shirts, totes or what have you. I'm thinking of the Wild Ones logo as an example. Original art work would be great but maybe a photo would work too...

Looking forward to it, its lots of work but a lot of fun too!
I love your enthusiasm, linrose!

I'm off to a slow start too...so I'm hoping your enthusiasm is catchy.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
announce, announcement, calendar, caps, fund, logo, manage, management, motto, print, printing, raising, sell, selling, t-shirts, team