Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #31
Salamander

Bridget, I will be thinking of you. I know everyone is doing the best they can.
scarecrowsdrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #32
Fox

Richmond was on the fringe. Three inches plus of a nice, soaking rain; little wind damage.
benj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:36 AM   #33
WG's Mr. Tomato Head

Wisconsin suffered no ill effects.

Doubtful Will-o-wisp/NJ & Disuhan/LI are faring well.
"If gardening isn't a pleasure for you, chances are the work will merely give you a rotten disposition. If you'd rather be golfing or fishing, get a bumper sticker that says so, and forget gardening."
Elsa Bakalar
WG Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #34
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

Isn't Jack in NJ as well?

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #35
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Radar maps show us to be in the center of it today but there has been no rain or wind, just very cloud-covered sky.

jack? sign-in jack!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #36
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by WG Admin View Post
Wisconsin suffered no ill effects.

Doubtful Will-o-wisp/NJ & Disuhan/LI are faring well.
I hope they are inland enough to not have gotten the worst of it. I know bridget's home is close to the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turttle View Post
Isn't Jack in NJ as well?
I think he is in New England--Massachusetts, I think.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #37
Official Plant Nerd

jack's in MA.... I think he's just got his hands full right now. I looked to see if willo posted in the last coupla days and no go. That's definitely a red flag considering.... her house and her studio are 1 story from all her photos so there'd be no way for her to move up if she had to. disuhan was newly married.... she had her wedding last month and she's on Long Island.... Long Island took big hits from what I read so here's hoping her brand new house and her brand new butterfly garden aren't under water. What a horrible way to start a new life with someone.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #38
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

My son is still without power and without cell service, had to go to CT office to work.

I'm sure our WG friends have their hands full but I hope they're okay...
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #39
Official Plant Nerd

I think most of NYC and Long Island are without power. New Jersey too since I think they got hit the hardest.
--
For the millions and millions of us on the east coast.... there were under 100 deaths. That's a shocker.... I'm thinking more people than not actually decided to play it safe and get out of harm's way when they were warned this storm was going to be a whopper. Many of the deaths I read about were tree related as in.... trees literally falling over on people in their cars and in their homes. Something else that's positive is all the reports that rats were going to "flood" the streets of New York were WRONG so far. I don't think anyone knows where they all went but.... they're not "flooding" New York spreading disease which is a good thing.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #40
Butterfly Educator Extraordinaire

I am still at my sister's house and still unable to go home. All of the roads to the barrier islands are blocked with big barricades. They are saying maybe on Monday. Ventnor's water has been compromised with sewage, so that is one of the main reasons for us not going back.

A friend of mine lives in Margate, the next town south. She never left and has no power. She has no damage, thank goodness. She can leave if she wants, but they won't let her back in her home. Its all so difficult.

Not far from my school several people lost their homes. My heart aches for all those with losses.

http://mslenahan.edublogs.org/
bridget1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricane, sandy