Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #21
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Glad to hear it, Sage. Hope the storm isn't doing any damage...just putting on a good show for you.

We are fine...up now watching the governor give an update. I looked out the windows and things look okay...but I've yet to go outside and look around--especially at the house.

It seems things were worse south of us...southeast and possibly Central PA--and of course much worse in NJ and NY.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #22
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

We're fine, the skies look cool, so we got bagels and coffee and are out checking the wetlands! Misty, drizzly, but alot of rain overnight. No serious issues though.
Hope the others can check in and let us know how they fared.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #23
The Bug Whisperer

O.K. here so far - just 2-3" of wet snow and only mild winds. Quite a bit worse not far west and north of here, though; was in town about 20 miles north of here last night, and when I started home around 9:45 PM, it was almost like driving through a blizzard, with very limited visibility. Fortunately, because it had been so warm last week, snow was accumulating on the road only in a few places. Got a nice fire going in the fireplace; now to fix something warm to drink...

Henry Ward Beecher
suunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #24
WG Facilitator

Aha! You've learned the secret to weathering hurricanes. Make sure you're safe, then enjoy what comes along with it. Fireplace, warm drink, a little isolation from the hectic week!
Old 10-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #25

We just returned home after 8 hrs of trekking around from Buffalo, along Lake Ontario to near Rochester, and saw no, NO, damage, no flooding! Saw major migrations of Canadian Geese, choppy, churned up water, big waves, but nothing else remarkable. We may still get some weather, but all the alerts are lifted.

Good luck to everyone...
Old 10-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by biigblueyes View Post
Aha! You've learned the secret to weathering hurricanes. Make sure you're safe, then enjoy what comes along with it. Fireplace, warm drink, a little isolation from the hectic week!
That is the same as weathering an intense snowstorm.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 10-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
We just returned home after 8 hrs of trekking around from Buffalo, along Lake Ontario to near Rochester, and saw no, NO, damage, no flooding! Saw major migrations of Canadian Geese, choppy, churned up water, big waves, but nothing else remarkable. We may still get some weather, but all the alerts are lifted.

Good luck to everyone...
I'm glad you've had no flooding and no damage. Not so along the coast. I don't think I can fathom the damage.

I worry about bridget1964...I hope she has something to go back to. Bridget, I'm sure you will keep us posted.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #28
Butterfly Educator Extraordinaire

Just got the power back on after it went off last night. Glad it came on so quickly.

I am inland from my house and cannot get back home. Ventnor police rudely told me that I won't be able to return for 1-2 weeks! I instantly started to cry as I left my birds, rats and old lady cat there. They are safe and dry and I left a lot of food.

I have a friend who is an Atlantic City cop and I am going to use her assistance tomorrow to try and get home.

Atlantic City and Ventnor are really bad.

http://mslenahan.edublogs.org/
bridget1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #29

I'm glad you are safe, bridget1964...I knew you were inland, but had a feeling your house, being so near the shore, was hit. I'm so sorry to hear the news--I can't imagine. I'm glad you know there is plenty of food for them, and I really hope your friend can help...even if she has to go in herself to make sure everyone is okay.

~hugs~
Old 10-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #30

Good luck, Bridget, stay safe

WG Admin, check in please, are you ok?

Tags
hurricane, sandy