Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
Butterfly Educator Extraordinaire

I evacuated yesterday as per the Governor's request. Came to my sister's house 26 miles inland. My dog and I are snug and safe for now with her family. John is an hour 15 min. north at his house. I didn't want to go so far from my apartment.

Flooding is very bad today on Absecon Island--includes Atlantic City, Ventnor, my town, Margate and Longport. Neighbors of mine who didn't leave CAN'T leave now--they are flooded in.

Hurricane due to make landfall just south of AC around 5-7pm. Sigh. So worried about my house and town. Photos of the flooding are all over FB. Not sure what is going to happen next. Very scared.

http://mslenahan.edublogs.org/
bridget1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #12
Butterfly Educator Extraordinaire

Please stay safe Suunto and everyone else.

http://mslenahan.edublogs.org/
bridget1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #13
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

omg! I can't believe this is happening, where it is happening or the time of year it is happening!!!
Please hang on tight and stay safe, and please check in after Sandy passes through and let up know how you're doing~
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #14
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Glad to hear you are safe, Bridget...I thought of you when I heard it was going to hit NJ. I hope things will be fine when you get back.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
omg! I can't believe this is happening, where it is happening or the time of year it is happening!!!
Please hang on tight and stay safe, and please check in after Sandy passes through and let up know how you're doing~
I know what you mean.

I hope you all are okay out there. We still have power...and so far, it seems to just be a lot of rain here. I agree check in when you can.

Suunto, I hope you don't get all of the snow they re calling for in WV.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 10-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #16
Salamander

From the heart of hurricane country in Texas our heartfelt wishes go out to you all---can't imagine the effects of a hurricane and cold at the same time. Keep well, stay safe!
scarecrowsdrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #17
WG Facilitator

I remember packing once for a hurricane that was expected to be a direct hit. We had a whole day to pack. That's a sad feeling. Picking and packing what you want to keep, knowing there's a good chance everything else will be gone or ruined when you get back. But it turned during the night and we were spared.

Here's hoping your guardian angel is working overtime tonight like mine was then. . .
Old 10-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by biigblueyes View Post
I remember packing once for a hurricane that was expected to be a direct hit. We had a whole day to pack. That's a sad feeling. Picking and packing what you want to keep, knowing there's a good chance everything else will be gone or ruined when you get back. But it turned during the night and we were spared.

Here's hoping your guardian angel is working overtime tonight like mine was then. . .
That is very sad...I'm glad in the end you didn't lose anything. I must admit that I expect to get through it unscathed...we are no where near the coast, but the winds re picking up now and the local news says to expect more power outages...so we'll see what the next 24 hours brings.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:57 AM   #19
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Ok, here,just woke for a sleep intermission which is usually when I have all my falls, but wide awake watching the storm .
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #20
WG Facilitator

Good morning! How did you make it through the storm?

Tags
hurricane, sandy