Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > General Gardening Boards > Forbs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2016, 09:09 PM   #21
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

The other thing with peonies is that if you try to dig them out, if you leave even a bit of root/rhizome behind you will still have peonies the next year. They can be divided fairly indefinitely. Other than ants, I haven't seen any other insect on them, but they are pretty and are one of the earlier bloomers here so I have left the ones I inherited mostly alone. I did try to remove one, and thus I know how hard it is to really eliminate them.

Nurseries sell them for big bucks. You like have friends that would like them, or your local garden store might even buy a few if you put them into pots. And if a few cup plants go along, you would be spreading some love. Better than some things I have gotten by accident along with nursery plants!

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:18 AM   #22
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Dug one of mine up and gave it to mother yesterday. She soooo loves them plus it freed up a little more space for something other to expand.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flower, ginormous, white