Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Natural Gardeners Unite > Fertilizing and Soil Amendments

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 05:03 AM   #41
Grub

Blossom end rot having been the motivator for researching a cure and finding Bryan's video, but I didn't plant any tomatoes m'self this year since my buddy who shares the parking lot garden plants so many Did apply some of the diluted eggshell/cider vinegar solution to the bush bean roots when they flowered. Wow. They shot up like crazy and immediately produced some beans. Within days.

There ya go!
Old 07-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #42
Official Plant Nerd

Helllllllllllllllp me if you can. How are you applying your roasted eggshell juice.... in a spray bottle? That's what I've been doing and it takes soooooooooooooooooo long. I've been thinking about buying a small SOLO back pack sprayer or maybe an attachment for my garden hose that folk buy to spray pesticides and was wondering how that would work out? I know the SOLO back pack sprayer would work because what you put in it is pre-mixed. I'm not so sure about the garden hose attachment though and the "juice" is highly concentrated and I can't seem to figure out how I'd end up with the right dillution using the much cheaper garden hose attachment. 1 thing's for sure... I can't keep using a spray bottle. I've got over 100 tomato plants.

Tags
bone, bone meal, bones, calcium, carcasses, compost, free, gardens, left, meal, phosphorus, recycle, turkey