Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners Feature Forums > Feature Auctions & Fundraisers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
Official Plant Nerd

Default Hey!!! It costs money to run a forum

I've got an idea.... I saw this done at another website to help with running thier forums.... admins can delete this if they want since it's my brainchild and I know I'm always sorta on the wild side of things. Anywhoooo, up for auction are two cans of preserves HOMEMADE by ME.... FYI.... they're already tested on my own family so I don't think anyone will die of preserve poisoning. The first jar is a quart of sliced pears in a light sauce recipe that biigblueyes gave me to use. The cherries didn't hold the color and turned the whole thing a pink but.... they still taste yum yum. The other jar is dutch apple preserves. Trust me.... it's a sacrifice giving up this last pint jar since it was my family's favorite and it's our last jar. I picked up the recipe in the recipes forum and ran with it after schphgochi taught me how to can jams. You guys bid on this and give your money to Wildlife Gardeners. Shipping them is going to be $4.95 so that has to be added to the final bid. I think the auction for my HOMEMADE DELICIOUS MOUTH WATERING preserves should end at midnight 10 days from now which would be the 27th!!! Come on.... you want these preserves.... you know how tasty they'll be and.... no pesticides were used on the apple or pear trees!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hey!!! It costs money to run a forum-img_3216.jpg  
Old 07-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Cool idea, Lib! I'll start with $10+shpg !

Maybe seeds can be auctioned this way! And members creations!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
Official Plant Nerd

We've got one person with discriminating tastes for the finer things in life bidding $10 + shipping toward these REALLY tasty HOMEMADE by ME preserves.... ha ha ha.... Sage> XOXOXOXO!!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
WG's Mr. Tomato Head

Equilibrium Equilibrium Equilibrium. chuckle.

$11
"If gardening isn't a pleasure for you, chances are the work will merely give you a rotten disposition. If you'd rather be golfing or fishing, get a bumper sticker that says so, and forget gardening."
Elsa Bakalar
WG Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:37 PM   #5
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Hoot and holler, for one more dollar....A One and a Two .....now it's upped to you! $12

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #6
Garden Angel

$13
Old 07-19-2010, 11:28 PM   #7
Official Plant Nerd

Er uh..... I think I'm too good of a salesman and I'm sorta starting to feel guilt. The jam really is our favorite on bagels but even at a specialty store it probably wouldn't sell for more than $5.99 or $6.99 for a pint. I have no clue what a quart of pears goes for. $3... $4.... ??? I'll be canning again this summer when my peaches ripen and again in fall when the pears and apples ripen and I'll put some more up for auction. I didn't know folk were into homemade preserves. I'm wishing I had more left from last year so I could send some to all of you.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
Heron

Dang, I would love to do these auctions ! Ok someone put something up! I'm into giant soap bars, ( twice the size of normal soap bars) jellies, canned butter anything good canned, ummm pickels etc. I do not can, and do not make soap, not do I have fruit tree's etc. My favorite things are pomegranates , avocado,s and pickled beats home made. Ok equilib, whatcha got girl?
Doozerdoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auction, bid, cost, costs, donate, donation, forum, fund, funds, hey, money, raise money, run