Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Reduce That Ecological Footprint > Education For

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #101
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
Amazon is easy and reliable for ordering stuff, so go to them since you're not finding the FZ150 locally. Don't let the local dealers talk you into buying something you don't want, as you won't be happy. John
I won't.....Panasonic still came in tops once I reviewed the Sony Cybershot HX h100V!

Was it Amazon that helps support W.G. if I use it to order from?

Linrose....
Did you receive JUST the camera or did it also include the in box accessories? Product Tour - Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Digital Camera Review

In the box:
• Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V digital camera
• NP-FH50 rechargeable lithium battery
• AC-L 200D AC adapter
• power cord
• lens cap
• neck strap
• lens strap
• proprietary USB cable
• software CD-ROM
• instruction manual
• warranty card

I DEFINITELY want what's in the BOX included!

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #102
WG Fundraising Coordinator

Yes, it came with all that stuff. I'd recommend getting an extra battery, especially if you shoot a lot of video and you are constantly using your camera, and a memory card. This is the one I got, it's good for video. You might also want a case although I haven't even used mine yet but it's handy for travel. You have to reverse the hood to fit the camera in the case though but it's not a biggie and only takes a few seconds.
Amazon.com: Panasonic DMC-FZ150K 12.1 MP Digital Camera with CMOS Sensor and 24x Optical Zoom (Black): Camera & Photo
Amazon.com: Transcend 16 GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card TS16GSDHC10E: Electronics
Amazon.com: Case Logic High Zoom Camera Case: Camera & Photo
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #103
Heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post

Was it Amazon that helps support W.G. if I use it to order from?
Apparently, yes, click here.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #104
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Hava, it's doubtful you'll find a store where you can handle each camera on your list and some camera stores neglect to carry some lines. We go to Best Buy or similar store, to get the feel of similar cameras. That's how I decided I prefer the feel of the panasonics over Sonys and Canons, even though I loved my Canon SLR back in the day. We always buy online now after comparing all the package deals offered. Never had a problem, and delivery has always been very fast.
I do use a small camera case mainly so I'll always have the extra batteries, cards, etc. I leave the hood in the car, and rarely ever use it.
Are you excited yet?
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #105

YES!!!!!!!!!! all excited.
I've never ordered anything online before so I'm kind of leery not having it in hand, wondering if all the goods will arrive along with it.

Thanks to all, I'll check into the links and Amazon so I can try to tackle it on my own after the weekend or I might have to wait until sonnie visits over Easter to have him order it for me. I'll definitely get another battery. I can burn out one or two sets in a whole days outing easily the way I snap in hopes of getting a good one in the bunch.....

Old 03-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #106
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Which one are you getting?
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #107

I want to order the Panasonic FZ 150 If I can figure out how...

Old 03-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #108
Fox

Quote:
I want to order the Panasonic FZ 150 If I can figure out how...
Click on this link to get to Amazon:
Amazon.com: Panasonic DMC-FZ150K 12.1 MP Digital Camera with CMOS Sensor and 24x Optical Zoom (Black): Camera & Photo

When you get to that page click on Start Here on the top of that page:

"Hello. Sign in to get personalized recommendations. New customer? Start here." They need your address, etc., so they set up an account for you.

After you have an account, whenever you are on a page where you want to order something, click on the "Add to Cart" button on the right side of the page. Use the Search box to find the items you want.

They keep your order in a "shopping cart" until you are finished putting all of the things that you want in it. Whenever you are finished you click on a "Proceed to Checkout" button.

Just visualize the process as an ordinary shopping trip. You go to the store (go to Amazon's website), enter the store (Sign In to your account), find the items you want (Search box) and put them in your shopping cart (Add to Cart), and when you are done shopping you go to the checkout counter (Proceed to Checkout). At the checkout you review your order, indicate how you are going to pay, select the type of shipping you want, and place your order.
I will age, but I refuse to get old.
NEWisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #109
Heron

Quote:
YES!!!!!!!!!! all excited.
I've never ordered anything online before so I'm kind of leery not having it in hand, wondering if all the goods will arrive along with it.

Thanks to all, I'll check into the links and Amazon so I can try to tackle it on my own after the weekend or I might have to wait until sonnie visits over Easter to have him order it for me. I'll definitely get another battery. I can burn out one or two sets in a whole days outing easily the way I snap in hopes of getting a good one in the bunch.....
Amazon is very dependable. I've bought lots of things from them and have had almost no problems over the years. The one time I had a problem, it was addressed really quickly and very fairly.

Going off-topic a bit, the first time I bought something on-line was in 1999 when I bought my first digital camera, a 1.6MP Kodak DC260. While I did buy that at the local Best Buy store, it came with a 8MB memory card, too small even back then, and at that time, no one carried memory cards in local stores other than CompUSA and they wanted a little over $200 for a 48MB card, which was what I wanted. Not willing to pay over $200 for a card, I went on-line and found one for the bargain price of $130, and I nervously placed my order. Since then, I've bought lots of things on-line, including my current camera body, a Nikon D90.

So anyway, I know that nervous feeling that comes with the first on-line purchase, but I'm betting that it will be alright.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #110
Official Plant Nerd

For what it's worth.... I pick up books from Amazon all the time and my new grain grinder came from Amazon. I've never had a problem with anything I've gotten from Amazon like I've had with things I've gotten off eBay and... eBay's safe harbor is a joke. It's anything but "safe" for buyers.

Tags
brands, buy, camera, camera brands, camera features, camera models, cameras, canon, choice, comparison, cons, features, fuji, olympus, opinions, options, panasonic, photo, photographer, photography, photos, pros, pruchase, specifications, taking pictures