Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Reduce That Ecological Footprint > Education For

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
Unicellular Fungi

Default Awareness Products, WEED Models

Weed Models: CIPM’s Famous “Plastic Weeds”

Four new weed models are here!

Lifelike models of eight of the most troublesome western weeds—perennial pepperweed, garlic mustard, purple loosestrife, saltcedar (tamarisk), yellow starthistle, spotted knapweed, leafy spurge, and Dalmatian toadflax—are available for your education and outreach activities. Weed I.D. cards are available to accompany the models. Order by the box or bouquet.

Center For Invasive Plant Management

Ordering Information for Weed Models
Please remember to include the publication number with your order.
Montana State University
Extension Publications Orders
P.O. Box 172040
Bozeman, MT 59717-2040
Phone: 406-994-3273
Fax: 406-994-2050
Email: orderpubs@montana.edu
Prices include shipping and handling
Attached Thumbnails
Awareness Products, WEED Models-dalmatian-toadflax.jpg   Awareness Products, WEED Models-perennial-pepperweed-.jpg   Awareness Products, WEED Models-saltcedar-tamarisk-.jpg  
Old 08-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
Unicellular Fungi

Default Awareness Products, Weed Identification Cards

Weed Identification Cards
These 4” x 7” rack cards show the entire plant on the front side. The back side shows key characteristics that identify each weed, and list where to report sightings. The cards can also be used to accompany the matching weed models.

Center For Invasive Plant Management

Ordering Information for Weed ID Cards
Please remember to include the publication number with your order.
Montana State University
Extension Publications Orders
P.O. Box 172040
Bozeman, MT 59717-2040
Phone: 406-994-3273
Fax: 406-994-2050
Email: orderpubs@montana.edu
Prices include shipping and handling
Attached Thumbnails
Awareness Products, WEED Models-garlic-mustard.jpg   Awareness Products, WEED Models-leafy-spurge.jpg   Awareness Products, WEED Models-spotted-knapweed.jpg  
Old 08-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
Pope

I don't know whether to laugh (plastic weeds--the irony!), cry (plastic weeds--what is the world coming to?), or applaude (plastic weeds--gosh, how helpful)!

Applause, I believe, is the winning verb. Useful tools for the cognitively-impaired, noxious division. I have never heard of these but aside from the dubious nature of the materials used to manufacture them I cannot help but be impressed by the educational possibilites. Thank you, TheLorax!
Hedgerowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
Official Plant Nerd

They have their place... but... I'll admit it... I laughed. Don't we have enough of these junk plants without having to manufacture realistic fakes? Go to their website and check out the Leafy Spurge Roll-Out (approximately 11 in by 17 ft). That left me wiggling in need of peeing fast. We aren't exactly talking a game of Twister roll out there that's going to excite a group of kds.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:04 AM   #5
Unicellular Fungi

Now now. You wouldn't be mocking me would you two gigglers?

The display bouquets are capable of multi tasking. When not in use we can use them as a center piece.

Tags
awareness, models, products, weed