Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Reduce That Ecological Footprint > Education For

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #41
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

turttle, I've been wondering why my pix are losing sharpness lately, thinking possibly the chip needs to be replaced. I use the FZ-47 and use zoom and crop. I did side by side comps of this model and the 150 a while ago but did not see any major differences.

What camera are you currently using? Your photography is excellent.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #42
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
Happy day hava!Now get out there and shoot some pix!!!

Get going and using it. I WISH! It will have to wait until after I've finished dividing, planting, planning and going on not one, but maybe two trips in a few weeks AND a little baby sitting between to boot not to mention another quickie fishing trip worked in perhaps tomorrow-Thursday.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #43

Quote:
The reviews of the FZ150 and the new version, the FZ200
WHAT? A new version already and I've yet to toy with mine....What did they improve upon so soon????

Old 09-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #44

Quote:
I've been wondering why my pix are losing sharpness lately
The fujifilm (I'm still squeaking by on) lost its color capturing capabilities long ago. To get anything at all worthy I must go into its manual mode. Unbelievable how much downhill it has gone. When I view photos first taken by it they are SOOOO vivid and bright. (Like Linroses are right now) Everything I take in auto is washed out and blue grey looking.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #45
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
turttle, I've been wondering why my pix are losing sharpness lately, thinking possibly the chip needs to be replaced. I use the FZ-47 and use zoom and crop. I did side by side comps of this model and the 150 a while ago but did not see any major differences.

What camera are you currently using? Your photography is excellent.
Thanks, Sage. I have a Lumix DMC-FZ28. I was very happy with it, until I fell with it between me and the concrete in July. It is having various mechanical issues now (me, too), and I am thinking of replacing it rather than just putting up with its problems. I have never been happy with its manual focus knob, which I have real problems maneuvering with my thumb.

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
WHAT? A new version already and I've yet to toy with mine....What did they improve upon so soon????
Mostly, they upped the price! The specs were a little different, fancier coating on the lens and such like. No huge, revolutionary changes.

Are you happy with how the 150 does in low light? That is one major complaint I have with my current camera - it really fails inside or at dusk unless whatever it is is in reach of the flash.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #47
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

I went from the FZ 7 to the 18 or 28, then the 35, then the 47. Most cameras in this range will have noise in low light, but don't use 800 or up ISO. Are you publishing the photos?
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #48

Quote:
Are you happy with how the 150 does in low light?
That is a question perhaps Linrose could help you out with. I had misplaced quite a few of its accessories and haven't had the time to explore or try it beyond a few photos where I was basically.... winging it.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #49

Hava, I usually wing it. I never remember any accessories, which is why I want a camera with built in lenses and flash. You take amazing photos, and I value your opinion assuming you are using this camera.

Can you take photos outside at dusk and be reasonably happy with the results? Mine has an Intelligent Auto setting that does quite well in normal light, but is hopeless in dim light. If you look at the photos I posted of the large flies on the oak tree in my bugs to id thread, you will see what I mean.

I am not asking for perfection - given I am just going to wing it, I want a camera that does better than my current one without my having to adjust a ton of settings every time or having to carry around widgets.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #50

Quote:
Can you take photos outside at dusk and be reasonably happy with the results?
Wish I could answer that for you but I really haven't played around with the new Panasonic FZ150 much beyond a few shots!

Quote:
You take amazing photos,
Thank you very much!.....
but all of the photos you've been viewing have been "taken" with my Fujifilm that I had bought at the end of 2008?-beginning of 2009

Wish I had the time to learn the new Panasonic FZ150 before heading out on the trip to meet Biigblue but I've just been too busy doing other things since receiving it to give it much more than a try. The floral bed I've been working so hard upon is now finished! Sturgeon fishing is about to close but canning season and mapping out the trip is now pushing at my door. Sure hope the "ole faithfull " Fujifilm is able to gimp its way through one last trip for me. After that.....I can finally PLAY with my new toy!!!!

Tags
camera, education, fz150, learn, learning, model, panasonic, photograph, photographer, photography, photos, pictures, settings, taking pictures