Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Reduce That Ecological Footprint > Education For

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #11
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

It was fun sharing my gardens with those that appreciate such things!
The thing that seemed to attract the most attention was...... learning about how to create the hugelkulture beds!
Almost everyone showed interest in the natives and invasive as I spoke and pointed out samples along the way.
I heard quite a few state.......I never knew the burning bushes were so invasive.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Ok, my first question, why on earth would you even use the USB cable? I've never used mine. I just put the sd card in the slot of the laptop.
I keep the charger plugged in next to my desk and when I come home, I put the card in the puter, and charge the battery every thousand or so pix, always having another card and fresh extra battery in the camera case which generally stays in the car. No reason not to keep the charger right there, plugged in.
Gotta go, peregrine people texting! ))
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #13

Was being on the garden tour a lot of work? I would think so..
Old 07-17-2012, 06:41 AM   #14
WG Fundraising Coordinator

Good point Sage. I got in the habit of using the USB cable when I had my old Kodak. Old habits are hard to break! Removing the SD card and putting it directly into the slot in the computer works too. Also now that I have a spare battery I don't worry about running out of juice anymore.
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #15

Our main Peregrine mama, Gleig, this morning! FZ-47

Attachment 30922
Old 07-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #16
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Ok, my first question, why on earth would you even use the USB cable? I've never used mine. I just put the sd card in the slot of the laptop.
I keep the charger plugged in next to my desk and when I come home, I put the card in the puter, and charge the battery every thousand or so pix, always having another card and fresh extra battery in the camera case which generally stays in the car. No reason not to keep the charger right there, plugged in.
Gotta go, peregrine people texting! ))
I've been in search of the box and its contents for two days now and have yet to locate it. I recall finding it in the garage a while back and brought it back inside. I told Hubby I couldn't find the box my camera had came in and he's now telling me he may have tossed it tidying up the place for the tour. Soooo worried someone might look in the window and see a bit of clutter.... I sure hope not!Name:  sad 5.gif
Views: 21
Size:  592 Bytes

I still load using the cables having been taught that way, and "always" store my charger when not in use having a couple other bods in the house unplugging and moving things so they can charge multiple things of their own. That way I KNOW where they are but I hadn't even had the opportunity to remove them from the box to do so being the first time I had to use them.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #17

Learned this from my son: Keep all boxes and factory packaging items, including those little twistie things for cables, plastic, box dividers, etc., for cameras and any other electronic stuff. When you upgrade, get something new, clean up and repackage everything to make the most money on ebay. The top shelf of my linen closet is full of these items. Larger boxes in basement, like TVs, Blu-rays, etc. With his family of five, and always getting new stuff for the kids and wife, it really helps! I sold two earlier Panasonics which paid for the next camera. I'm waiting for your reports and reviews of the 150, and maybe I'll sell the 35 and 47!

Here's his youngest, Livi, just turned 15, visiting friends in Austria for a few weeks, and see what's in her hand?

Panasonic FZ150-376462_4456062564399_1895696138_n.jpg
Old 07-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #18
WG Fundraising Coordinator

Adorable Sage, is that a Canon? Austria, what a trip that must have been for Livi, so pastoral.
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #19

Yes, a Canon. One of Livi's riding friends from the horse barn is an au pair in Austria this summer and invited Liv and another girl over for three weeks. How cool is that?

Panasonic FZ150-182111_4455017298268_334737241_n.jpg
Old 07-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #20
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Learned this from my son: Keep all boxes and factory packaging items, including those little twistie things for cables, plastic, box dividers, etc., for cameras and any other electronic stuff. When you upgrade, get something new, clean up and repackage everything to make the most money on ebay. The top shelf of my linen closet is full of these items. Larger boxes in basement, like TVs, Blu-rays, etc. With his family of five, and always getting new stuff for the kids and wife, it really helps! I sold two earlier Panasonics which paid for the next camera. I'm waiting for your reports and reviews of the 150, and maybe I'll sell the 35 and 47!
I'll second Sage's suggestion to save everything. Having the original packaging also helps if you ever have to send anything in for repairs.

Another thing I do is to mark every cable with a piece of masking tape. It's really easy to forget which cable goes with which camera or other piece of hardware. Just write on the masking tape what the cable belong to. Same for chargers, a piece of masking tape on the cord will let you know that you've got the right charger for the equipment that needs charging.
I will age, but I refuse to get old.
NEWisc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, education, fz150, learn, learning, model, panasonic, photograph, photographer, photography, photos, pictures, settings, taking pictures