Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > General Gardening Boards > The Dead Lawn Society (Healthier Choice Gardeners)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2017, 01:02 PM   #11
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Then again....If your unable to free your walk, in travel or perhaps attending outdoor sports there are other options!!!

Snow and ice traction aides come in many shapes and forms...They work REAL well! Pretty much just a simple grid-work of rubber that you stretch over your shows or boots. Their underside is much the same in appearance as athletic cleats. DON'T forget to remove them upon re-entering!

See: https://www.google.com/search?q=snow...aids+for+shoes
I just ordered a pair of those traction aids this past weekend!
https://www.amazon.com/Due-North-API...89%3ADue+North

My wife has using these type of traction aids for over a year and they do work really well.

It's been a crazy weather period for the last couple of weeks. Typically January is the coldest month with a mix of snow storms and cold but sunny days. For the last two weeks It's been foggy both day and night with intermittent periods of rain and sleet. The temperatures have been in the 30's and 40's. The normal temps are the low 20's.

Dealing with all of the ice and standing water has been a lot of work. I would much prefer to be dealing with cold and snow.
I will age, but I refuse to get old.
NEWisc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, ice