Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Butterflies & Moths

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Default Song to Share

Although my taste in music is *mildly eclectic*, I don't think of this as music I'd normally listen to, but I came across this song today, and thought someone here would enjoy it. I did a search for the lyrics, but came across this video instead:

Michael McNevin - John's Cocoons lyrics
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:35 AM   #2
Official Plant Nerd

It was hard catching what he was saying but I picked up a little here and there. What I did pick was cute. It would be fun song for a kids' summer camp.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
Offical Silphium Abuser

Here's another cute but serious song (not for kids, though): "The Trees Won't Matter When You're Dead" by Florida group The Mayhaws. (One of its members sang at our wedding.)

~http://rebeccas-window.blogspot.com/~

Last edited by Rebek56; 03-10-2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Problem with link
Rebek56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
It was hard catching what he was saying but I picked up a little here and there. What I did pick was cute. It would be fun song for a kids' summer camp.

I looked for the lyrics...that was what I planned to post, but the video was all I could find. Polyphemus moths...is the focus.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 03-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebek56 View Post
Sharla June & Mayhaws - When You're Dead - YouTube

Here's another cute but serious song (not for kids, though): "The Trees Won't Matter When You're Dead" by Florida group The Mayhaws. (One of its members sang at our wedding.)
Maybe I'm following in Equil's footsteps...I got the gist of the song, but couldn't understand all of the lyrics (nor find them to post here).

I'd like to believe the the trees I plant (and the shrubs, grasses, sedges, wildflowers, etc) will matter to somebody when I'm dead. Not necessarily likely, but wouldn't it be nice if they could become a preserve...especially if we could ever by the land behind us!

Years ago, my mother shared an article with me about a elderly man whose personal mission it was to plant acorns so there would be oaks for future generations to enjoy...although he'd never see them mature.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
Offical Silphium Abuser

The lyrics were inside the CD case, but my original copy of the CD was stolen when my car was burgled. (It's hard to believe that someone would risk a felony conviction for a tire gauge, a cell phone charger, and a handful of CDs from obscure musicians.) I'll try to write them down the next time I listen to the song.

Totally unrelated to wildlife gardening, my husband has a new page featuring some of his original songs (lyrics included): Music Page.

~http://rebeccas-window.blogspot.com/~
Rebek56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
share, song