Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Butterflies & Moths

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
Unicellular Fungi

Default Makes me so mad!

I was shopping early this morning. I had my camera in my purse. They think I am nuts but I do not care.

I am titling the first photo, "Ferry Morse destroy what habitat we have left mix" The second photo I am titling, "Label to Ferry Morse destroy what habitat we have left mix".

I have a photo of their bag from last year. Catch the new design so it's easier to dump all over our land?
Attached Thumbnails
Makes me so mad!-ferry-morse-destroy-what-habitat-we-have-left-mix.jpg   Makes me so mad!-label-ferry-morse-destroy-what-habitat-we-have-left-mix.jpg  
Old 02-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
WG Guardian Spirit

Gah. Easy shaker pack.

Gotta love the label, too. Gee, thanks, tell folks what's native (and to where?!) and what's introduced. After all, since the company cares enough to mark them, they must not be using anything *bad*, right? </sarcasm>
JennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
Unicellular Fungi

Here is the bag from last year and two labels. What an improvement in the bag and the mix- not.

I posted last year's bag and labels at another site and my whole thread was removed for being negative. Wonder how long it will last here
Attached Thumbnails
Makes me so mad!-ferry-morses-butterfly-hummingbird-mix-pretty-bad.jpg   Makes me so mad!-ferry-morses-shady-wildflower-mix-downright-scary.jpg   Makes me so mad!-ferry-morses-butterfly-hummingbird-mix-list.jpg  
Old 02-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
Administrator

Your thread will not be edited or removed at Wildlife Gardeners. Onward.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
Fox

These "Wildflower gardens in a Can" mixes drive me crazy too. And then there's the "Butterfly Garden in a Can/Bag" mix - ugh! People trying to buy something good for the environment, and these ethically deprived companies taking advantage of them.
I will age, but I refuse to get old.
NEWisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
WG Writer

Thanks for exposing FM. Ive sort of been looking at those cans for years to grow along the woods. Never stopped to read the label.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
Heron

Don't mean to go off topic or sabotage threads but issues here can be somewhat different .

HOA's who do NOT allow "desert" landscaping . Self same HOA's possess "Approved planting selection lists" which have FEW if any native plants on them . In California which is suffering from some of thier worst droughts in memory people are fined for planting artifical turf . ..........

Is it me or has the world gone crazy ?
lonediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
Co-Administrator

Quote:
HOA's who do NOT allow "desert" landscaping
Ahh yes, Lonediver, good point; I've got to stop using that expression "ecological desert"! An ecologically healthy desert is a very good thing. Old habits... I'll have to switch to something like "ecologically polluted supersite".
Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #9
Heron

How about " EWWH " ( ecologically , wrecked , warped , habitat ) ?
lonediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:57 PM   #10
WG Writer

Sounds like a bunch of grumps to me! There is lots of good land in this country outside the city limits. Or, run for city council and stir things up.

Me either. Too old. Too tired.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
butterfly, butterfly garden, invasives, mad, makes, native, seed mix, tallamy, wild ones