Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Butterflies & Moths

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
Fox

Default Krohn Conservatory Butterfly Show

International Butterfly Show, Krohn Conservatory, Cincinnati, Ohio

This show is wonderful. This year it runs from April 17 - June 20 and the theme is Butterflies of Japan. The conservatory is worth visiting itself. When I lived in Cincinnati, I would go there at least once a month to bask in their indoor jungle and see their stunning bonsai. I wanted to post a link and info somewhere to alert all about them as a plant destination, but I wasn't sure where to put it.
So if anybody is planning a trip that takes them through Cincinnati during this time, it might be worth taking the time to stop there. You won't be disappointed. Follow the Krohn link on the above page for info.
Oh, if you go when the there's not a special show on, then admission is free, although they do accept donations.
Below are a few pics I took there on my last trip.

Krohn Conservatory Butterfly Show-krohn-011.jpgKrohn Conservatory Butterfly Show-krohn-028.jpgKrohn Conservatory Butterfly Show-krohn-034.jpgKrohn Conservatory Butterfly Show-picture5-048.jpgKrohn Conservatory Butterfly Show-picture5-065.jpg
Bulucanagria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
Fox

Because five pics just didn't do it justice.

Krohn Conservatory Butterfly Show-krohn-014.jpgKrohn Conservatory Butterfly Show-picture5-082.jpgKrohn Conservatory Butterfly Show-picture5-111.jpgKrohn Conservatory Butterfly Show-picture5-112.jpgKrohn Conservatory Butterfly Show-picture5-114.jpg
Old 02-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
Salamander

Pretty pics. Tks.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
Grub

Thanks for bringing this up Bulu - it has been far too long since the wife and I have taken the kids to Krohn . . . nice pics too.

Can I ask what your screen name means?
TimSaupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
Fox

I can understand that. When I lived there I would sometimes forget about going there for a year or two and then when I did I always said to myself, "Why don't you come here more often?" Now, I'm trying to plan a visit to my mom & daughter to coincide with the butterfly show. Not that they're not enough reason to go but, family and butterflies!? You can't beat that.

Rather than repeat the story of my screen name, I'll refer you to post #13 on my intro page here;
http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/for...husetts-2.html

and thanks for your appreciation of the pics as well.
Dan
Old 02-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
Unicellular Fungi

Where are your butterfly pics?

Butterfly exhibits are absolutely wonderful. You mustn't tease us with a butterfly exhibit without sharing pics of the flittering stars.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #7
Fox

I haven't lived in Cincinnati for the past 8 years, so all my butterfly pics from the shows are either negatives or on paper, assuming they're not among the ones that I lost to a burst pipe flood several years ago. I never inventoried the damage. However, I do have oodles of butterfly pics from around central MA in my folders. Later this evening I'll post some of the better ones.
Dan
Old 02-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #8
Fox

Butterfly pics posted in the appropriate thread.

Tags
butterfiles, butterfly, butterfly exhibit, butterfly show, conservatory, interntional butterfly show, krohn, krohn conservatory, plants, show