Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Butterflies & Moths

LinkBack (5) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
Heron

NEWisc
Great job. Saved me a lot of work too. Our native plant society is setting up a both this fall about native host plants and I volunteered to help. Now I can print out your list.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #12
Heron

NEWisc
Me, me, pick me. I volunteer for the butterfly garden plan.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #13
Administrator

It's been a long long time since I have laughed this hard.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #14
Grub

NEWisc, this is a fabulous resource! Thank you so much for putting it together. I wrote about it today. This is the kind of information that people are really looking for. The host plant list is very thorough and the native plant nursery list is a great resource as people are searching for a place to get natives. Thanks

Last edited by Fearless Weeder; 07-26-2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: minor typo
Carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:47 PM   #15
WG Operations, Facilitator

NEWisc-
Thanks for the fabulous lists you put together which matches plants and butterfiles. I copied and pasted the information into a document I can store on my computer. I hope you don't mind that I did that.

You put a LOT of work into this and it is VERY much appreciated.

BooBooBearBecky
Old 07-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #16
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgerowe View Post
NEWisc, when you publish your article on WG, would you please include a photo or two of the man made puddles you mentioned above?
I don't actually use one in my yard because I have 3 ponds adjacent to my yard with plenty of exposed moist soil. But I think including a picture of one in an article is a good idea, so I'll try to remember to make one just for that purpose.

Quote:
Great job. Saved me a lot of work too. Our native plant society is setting up a booth this fall about native host plants and I volunteered to help. Now I can print out your list.
Thank you!
I'm glad that you found the list helpful. And if you have room at your booth, see if you can put one of these up (another resource to share):
http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/for...-download.html

Quote:
Me, me, pick me. I volunteer for the butterfly garden plan.
I hadn't really thought about jumping into this project right away, but I also hadn't anticipated such an enthusiastic volunteer! Let me take a wee bit of time and put my thoughts together on this project. I will need to find someone with some design skills to volunteer to help with that part. My design skills don't go beyond 'put the plant wherever there's an empty spot'.

Quote:
NEWisc, this is a fabulous resource! Thank you so much for putting it together. I wrote about it today. This is the kind of information that people are really looking for. The host plant list is very thorough and the native plant nursery list is a great resource as people are searching for a place to get natives. Thanks
Thank you for your nice comments. Getting the word out about native plants is a passion of mine.

I can't take credit for the excellent native plant nursery list. I only linked to it; to get as many resources for making a butterfly garden in one spot as I could. That List is a product of the Administrators and Staff here at WildlifeGardeners and the many members that made suggestions for the list. It has been carefully screened by the staff, and I think it's one of the best native plant nursery lists on the internet.

Quote:
NEWisc-
Thanks for the fabulous lists you put together which matches plants and butterflies. I copied and pasted the information into a document I can store on my computer. I hope you don't mind that I did that.

You put a LOT of work into this and it is VERY much appreciated.
You're Welcome. I don't mind at all, I'm happy to hear that you found it useful!
I will age, but I refuse to get old.
NEWisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #17
Heron

Quote:
I'm glad that you found the list helpful. And if you have room at your booth, see if you can put one of these up (another resource to share)
Its going to be at a state park, so the DNR don't want us to hand out of papers. They said we could hand out business cards but i don't know how that would work.
But I am bring a copy of the list that has the Wildlife Gardeners logo on it.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #18
Official Plant Nerd

Now I know why they wanted a business card. Way cool milkweed.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #19
Unicellular Fungi

Oh milkweed. You are too cute. You probably are a shoe-in to be picked.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #20
Fox

Overwintering information for each of the butterflies in post #1 is available in this thread:
http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/for...html#post58523
I will age, but I refuse to get old.
NEWisc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asclepias, attracting butterflies, butterflies, butterfly, butterfly garden, butterfly species and their host plants, echinacea, eupatorium, garden, host, host plant, liatris, lindera, midwest, native, native host plants, nectar plants, plants, plants for butterflies, pycnanthemum, rudbeckia, viburnum