Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Butterflies & Moths

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
Heron

I have no problem with hunting on National Wildlife Refuges. Especially white-tailed deer hunting. There are more than enough white-tailed deer, very few (if any) natural predators, and their numbers can be so high that they greatly impact vegetation.

I can honestly say that I have not personally seen, in my opinion, a refuge that mismanaged hunting on its lands. (Granted, I certainly have not visited even 25% of the NWRs in the US.) But mismanaged land use in other respects, yes.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #12
Heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Your Audubon group sued and won? Wow! That's impressive!
My local refuge got sued a few years back by the Center for Biological Diversity. It was partially spearheaded by some locals, too. I was glad to see that we (the concerned public) can still put enough pressure on agencies to elicit change when needed.

Lawsuit Filed to Protect Endangered Woodpecker From Excessive Logging on Mississippi's Noxubee Wildlife Refuge

and

Settlement Agreement Throws Lifeline to Endangered Woodpeckers on Mississippi's Noxubee Wildlife Refuge
Old 08-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #13
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

That is impressive!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #14
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Ellen, just bring up the Delaware Audubon page and right above the comments it says, Write Post. That should do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellenwright View Post
I am on fb but I don't think it would help for me to post anything on my timeline about the Buffalo NWR. I am working on figuring out how I can post on our Delaware Audubon fb page. That would be a good place to put it. I do have lots of stuff on my fb page about nature and gardening.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #15
Alternate POM Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Ellen, just bring up the Delaware Audubon page and right above the comments it says, Write Post. That should do it!
Thanks Sage
EllenW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
facebook, monarchs, post