Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Butterflies & Moths

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
1st Place Winner DIY Catchall Contest

Morpho Butterfly 2 Here we go

It is really starting to take off here. I have identified all me lifers at this point and have started collecting. The photo has a few whites,longwings, spicebush, and some buckeye. 2 pipevine will join them shortly.
Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
WG Facilitator

Photo?

With all of the butterfly plants you have, I bet your yard is hopping right now!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
Official Plant Nerd

Ya know.... I saw a photo of that knock down gorgeous arch in your yard last year but.... I don't remember seeing hardly any photos of other areas and.... my bet is.... your property is 1 of those Better Homes and Gardens properties that could be on the cover of a magazine. Am I right? Tell me tell me tell me!!! Don't be shy adding photos just because most don't have showcase type properties. willo and linrose and amelanchier and a few others with magazine cover worthy properties post photos.... it gives the rest of us something to "strive" for!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
1st Place Winner DIY Catchall Contest

You would think I know how to do this by now, Duh

Equil, you crack me up, I am in the process of replanting many things I lost last year.And what survived is coming back with vengeance. I don't know it is a Better Homes and Gardens yard, But myself and the Butterflies that live here love it. I promise I will post a few shots very soon. We are projected to build two more arbors this year, if I can make it.

I have been suffering because I promised myself I would not pick up the camera until I put a big dent into my project list. With the butterflies rolling in the way they are I will be busy. Today alone I collected 18 GST eggs and 3 first instars.
Attached Thumbnails
Here we go-dsc_2962.jpg  
Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:21 AM   #5
Official Plant Nerd

I knew it!!! Anyone who responds the way you did DOES have a Better Homes and Gardens property that could be on the cover of a magazine. Ha ha ha.... you're busted!!!! Cough up some photos so we can all see!!!

Tags
butterflies, butterfly, butterfly garden, collect, eggs, instar