Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Birds Including Raptors & Hummers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
Co-Administrator

finch Saving Birds Thru Habitat

Saving Birds Thru Habitat
Quote:
Mission Statement:
To protect, enhance and restore habitat for North American birds and to educate people of all ages about this important mission and how to achieve it.
Quote:
Saving Birds Thru Habitat was established to help stem the decline of our migratory songbird populations. The three-cornered keystone of our program is to introduce children to the fascinating aspects of our bird world; to encourage homeowners to return their yards to native plantings; and to persuade businesses and property owners with large holdings to maintain existing habitat.
Quote:
"Study after study has shown that habitat loss and degradation are the primary threats to healthy bird populations. Nothing else comes close. That's why I am such a strong supporter of Saving Birds Thru Habitat and its programs that teach so many people how to improve habitats for birds." Dr. Gregory Butcher, Director of Bird Conservation National Audubon Society
Saving Birds Thru Habitat

Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Interesting take on the bluebird nest box.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Sounds great. I like how it brings things together...I can't really say what came first for me, but I think it was a love of wildflowers and trees which brought my focus on native plants...but I've also had a love of and interest in birds and other wildlife. Until I found this great forum, I always talked about native plants...I'm sure I was interested in providing for wildlife as well...but now I try to promote the whole picture.

I guess I feel this site can pull people in who are just bird lovers to become lovers of native plants as well. Great find.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birds, habitat, saving