Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Birds Including Raptors & Hummers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
Co-Administrator

Default Join the Great Backyard Bird Count Feb 17-20

Join the Great Backyard Bird Count
Feb 17-20

Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Audubon, and Canadian partner Bird Studies Canada.
February 6, 2012

Quote:
Warmer temperatures and lack of snow in parts of North America are setting the stage for what could be a most intriguing 15th annual Great Backyard Bird Count, coming up February 17-20.

To learn more about how to join the count, get bird ID tips, downloadable instructions, a how-to video, past results, and more visit www.birdcount.org. The count also includes a photo contest and a prize drawing for participants who enter at least one bird checklist online.
The Great Backyard Bird Count is February 17-20

Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Cirsium, thanks for the reminder.

At first I thought I'd missed it--I thought it was around Christmas time--but, when I checked my blog, I realized I hadn't missed it at all.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Just thought I'd mention that I began my count this morning--and would bump this thread up so as to remind others. I wasn't home much yesterday, but I could've started then had I realized that was the first day.

I watched for half an hour today...slim pickings...not nearly the numbers I normally see. This is only the second year I've done this, but I hope to post about it each year in my blog so I can go back and, hopefully, see an improvement (more birds and a greater variety of species).

I plan to do more counts over the next three days...I sure hope others here will want to join in. Have fun!
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1720, backyard, bird, count, feb, great, join