Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Birds Including Raptors & Hummers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #191
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by recurve View Post
...almost makes me wish I had a smart phone but they don't always mix with dumb users
LOL! That sounds like a pretty clever comment to me.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
I should have told her if she wanted to fit-in with the crowd to just get the app "Cracked Screen" to simulate it. Yup, there's an app for that!
LOL! ~smile~
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 03-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #193
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Quote:
I hear you, I'm still using a Motorola Razr, the original not the new Droid Razr, it's practically a dinosaur. My kids all have iPhone 4s and my poor DH has iPhone 3 I think. I keep giving my upgrades to my kids who are constantly dropping them (or throwing them) and cracking the screen. My college freshman says all her friends' phones have cracked screens too. Must be a thing. I should have told her if she wanted to fit-in with the crowd to just get the app "Cracked Screen" to simulate it. Yup, there's an app for that!
Roger still has that old Razr too! It used to be mine. My son has changed the glass faces of iphones and ipads! He orders the part, takes the thing apart and fixes it. His wife and kids go through alot of cell phones!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #194
The Bug Whisperer

Our phones don't do anything other than make phone calls; we don't even text. Guess that must make us pre-date the dinosaurs...;-)

Henry Ward Beecher
suunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #195
WG Fundraising Coordinator

Texting, what's that???

A couple of flashers showing off this morning for the ladies. These two were in a group of three toms performing for a dozen hens. Apparently the hens were not impressed because they walked away over the hill and went on foraging.
Attached Thumbnails
~Avian Photography~ Post your bird pix for 2012!-turkeybutts.jpg  
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #196
Heron

Quote:
Apparently the hens were not impressed because they walked away over the hill and went on foraging.
They seem to be getting an early start of it this year because of the warm weather no wonder the girls were uninterested.
recurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by suunto View Post
Our phones don't do anything other than make phone calls; we don't even text. Guess that must make us pre-date the dinosaurs...;-)
I have to wonder, if Jeff weren't deaf, would I text? Would I be "anti-text"?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #198

Quote:
A couple of flashers showing off this morning for the ladies. These two were in a group of three toms performing for a dozen hens. Apparently the hens were not impressed because they walked away over the hill and went on foraging.
Great capture, linrose! Not only did you get to witness it, but you got a photo to share with us.

I've seen male turkeys displaying for females before...but I've always seen them at a distance or side of the road while I'm driving. I've seen them from the front or side...interesting view you got.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #199
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Nice shot of the TOMS!
I don't have a cell phone. I didn't even own a land line until the hubby moved on in to my life many eons ago. I really hadn't the need for one!
Back then people stopped by and actually "visited" one another, face to face. If I had to use a phone, I'd run across the street and drop a dime into the payphone to make a call. A whole dime!

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #200
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

We use the cell phones to find each other in the big stores. Haven't had a land line in years!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, avian, bird, photography, pix, post, wild turkey