Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Birds Including Raptors & Hummers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #31
Co-Administrator

Was that last photo taken from a balcony? What a splendid view!

Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #32
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirsium View Post
Was that last photo taken from a balcony? What a splendid view!
That was taken from my roof.
MaggyNoLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:36 AM   #33
Official Plant Nerd

The fog was really cool. Talk about a view from a roof!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 01:00 AM   #34
Fox

I love the foggy mornings here. One of these days I'm going to take the boat out in the middle of all that fog. See what I can find to take pictures of in the fog....
Old 11-12-2009, 01:07 AM   #35
Official Plant Nerd

I sat in my car in the neighborhood across from ours tonight and tried to get photos of fog blanketing a house and the road. It was really cool looking under the light of the streetlamp. I came up empty handed which really sucked. I took 20 photos and not one of them turned out.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #36
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
I sat in my car in the neighborhood across from ours tonight and tried to get photos of fog blanketing a house and the road. It was really cool looking under the light of the streetlamp. I came up empty handed which really sucked. I took 20 photos and not one of them turned out.
Been there, done that one foggy night here. Next time I'll take a tripod, the shutter remote and a lot more patience than I normally have and maybe I can get one to turn out. Don't give up....in fact if maybe you have a little bit of light in the morning, before the sun actually rises, maybe you could get a shot or two then with enough light to see, but the darkness still hanging on...
Old 11-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #37
Official Plant Nerd

I have a tripod now. I tried. It was too dark to try to mess with settings. You can't see anything in that lousy menu they give you. Cameras are too small. I can try again tomorrow morning if I take off 15 minutes later they might be some light.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:30 AM   #38
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
I have a tripod now. I tried. It was too dark to try to mess with settings. You can't see anything in that lousy menu they give you. Cameras are too small. I can try again tomorrow morning if I take off 15 minutes later they might be some light.
I don't know if it will work but for me it's always worth the try. I've gotten some of my best surprise shots when I least expect it.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:54 AM   #39
Official Plant Nerd

My problem was I needed more light than the streetlight but it was the light from the streetlight that created the scene I was trying to get. More light and it would have been spoiled. It reminded me of a downy layer of cotton spread out in a layer 10' off the ground. It hovered. I gave it the old college try.

Tags
attract birds, attract butterflies, attract wildlife, birds, birdscaping, habitat gardening, habitat gardens, landscape for birds, landscaping, native plants, native plants for birds, native plants for wildlife habitat