Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Birds Including Raptors & Hummers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #11
Butterfly Educator Extraordinaire

bluebirdhappiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Just one lonely love bird named Tiki (Remember the tiki room in Disney world or was it land where all the bird sang?)
He bonded with a Lutino (Yellow) parakeet many many years ago whose name was Lucy, as in Lucy in the sky with diamonds...Her cheek patches were pure white...

We lost her a few months ago....Parakeets don't have the lifespan parrolets have.. He missed her and became real quiet for quite awhile...I started to talk to him and he came out of his slump.... Now, he actually asks me for conversation..... Says something like..... Can you hear me, in birdy talk.. I answer him back in birdie talk of course and say.... Of course I can hear you and boy Oh boy does he ever start to jabber with me.. Isn't that funny...Now you're probably thinking... What a bird brain.
LOL! No, I think it is sweet! I love to meet other people who talks to animals!

Sounds like Tiki needs a new friend!

http://mslenahan.edublogs.org/
bridget1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #12
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

I want to adopt the huge cat I saw at a shelter this weekend but I have not heard back from them yet...Tender vittles....

Not to worry, I have locks on all the doors since Sonnie pies cat knocked the whole thing off before learning her manners.
She's now living with him as of a week ago....I'm really and EMPTY nester without something on my lap.

I'm wondering if getting a male cat is a good idea or not....
I've always heard they spray their territory... This one's been neutered and declawed. Does that stop their spraying?
Any other negatives I should know about the males before I make a decision? I've always had loving females...

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #13
WG Fundraising Coordinator

I had a male cat that was neutered very young, before 6 months if I remember right. He never sprayed, until he was around a lot of other cats when we moved to the farm. That was when he was over 10 years old. We couldn't keep him inside after that. He was VERY affectionate though. We loved him alot. He died last year at age 17. If I ever got another cat (not likely) I'd probably look at a female although the one we have now is very aloof. My vet told me once that personality follows color. If so a male buff yellow longhair is the sweetest cat around. Female shorthair black and white, not so much.
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #14
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

I picked him up......Cried all the way home but I did expect that. Him not me... but Jeese, Now I'm wondering if getting him was a good idea or not.
Loving me to death with all kinds of rubbing and purrs but he's also been crying his eyeballs out all night......I'm hoping he's just settling in and not a big mouth Siamese mix.
He's huge and looks like a grayish Puma. Weighs a whopping 27#'s!
I hope he's just pleasingly plump and healthy.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bird, bird feathers, birds, collecting feathers, craft, crafts, decoration, decorations, feather, feather decorations, feathers, turkey, turkey feathers, vase