Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Birds Including Raptors & Hummers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #11
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Did I get the wrong thing last year? After today I really can't fit another plant in here! Yikes! And everything is doing well, not like last year. I have more pix but haven't had time to get them up! Maybe tomorrow.

The nursery I went to today for the micro-gardening stuff and more seeds and shade plants for the wicker bookcase had some other brand of hummer-feeders so I passed. I'll keep looking. Maybe Wild Birds Unlimited has it. But that is quite far from me. Hold on, hummers!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #12
Official Plant Nerd

I see you have some sort of carpeting on your balcony. No way would I try one of those cork hummingbird feeders hung over carpeting. You'd be asking for European paper wasps to visit you. I've seen some Wild Birds stores that have them but some don't. They must be a franchise with individual owners instead of corporate stores since what each one sells is so different. If you're gonna try a Wild Birds store you might want to call first and ask if they're selling them and which ones they have. Do mail order if your Wild Birds doesn't have any Sage- HummZinger Hummingbird Feeders!!! They'll deliver to your door and you can watch the frenzy a coupla days after you put it up. I don't know what it is about this style of feeder but.... it brings em in. Imagine yourself sitting in one of those comfy white whicker chairs.... with your camera poised and ready.... you can't resist.... you know you want one of these!!! You need one!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #13
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Ok, I'll get it online. Makes sense. And I do love sitting out there in the morning with coffee and the evening with a cuba libre and a cookiecat and a camera!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #14
Official Plant Nerd

You can tell your husband to blame me when you won't come in out of the jungle. Watching them is addictive. You'll be sitting there for hours. After a while you sitting there won't even make them take off so you'll be able to inch in for better shots. You should be able to hear them humming. If anyone can take good hummer photos.... it'll be YOU!!!

Tags
bird feeder, bird feeders, feeder, feeding birds, feeding hummingbirds, hummers, hummingbird, hummingbird feeder, hummingbird feeders, hummingbirds, hummzinger, hummzinger feeder, hummzingers, lonicera, lonicera sempervirens, question, sempervirens