Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Birds Including Raptors & Hummers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #11
Grub

I live in northcentral indiana,and i spend alot of time in the woods hunting and i have only seen 1 snowy owl,they usually don't migrate this far south.A few years ago a friend found one dead along side the road,i mounted it and donated it to the library at our local elementary school.
All of you have noticed my avatar,thats charlie,i raised him from a baby and he now resides in my barn along with his girlfriend,they raised a brood last year and i'm hoping they will this year to.
rondo769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:21 PM   #12
Grub

I made one pic bigger
Attached Thumbnails
Heres another one for you lorax-owl-002.jpg  
Old 01-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #13
WG Staff

rondo769- try posting one of your owl photos in this thread, ~Today's Wildlife Shots~

We have a photo of the month contest.
Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
Unicellular Fungi

Oh rondo, you DO take good care of me with my owl fixes. I feel like an addict when you post photos of your owl babies.

So what's the story on this one?
Old 01-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #15
Grub

He decided to roost in my parents eve,and he has stuck around.I was working outside and when i first saw him i thought he was one of those fake owls,just smaller.So i was standing there looking at him and his eyes open half way.So i rushed to get the camera,i took 3 because the card was full.I closed all of the soffit of,but i did make him a little box that is right under the eve,so far he has been there every day.You would not believe how tame he is,you can get within 3 ft of him and he'll just sit there.I think he'll stick around for a while.I would like to name him,any idea's?
Old 01-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #16
Unicellular Fungi

Screeches are tiny, very tiny. Like me. Name him/her after me. Name your owl Lorax! I would be honored.

They remind me a lot of chipmunks. Fearless for their size.

What materials did you place in the nest box? You do realize your mom and dad will have screech owl babies next year, right? You'll be there to photograph the puff balls, right?

You always stumble into the good "stuff". All I get are photos of nothingness. Check out my photo titled 'Blizzard'. What a joke. I have about ten photos of that Coopers Hawk that could all be titled 'Blizzard'. How depressing. These darn birds always fly out of the frame before I can click. I never have any that sit still and pose pretty for me.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #17
Grub

Lorax it is!I put some straw and pine bark chips,i looked in it last night while he was out,he already has added some stuff and has a nice little nest going on.I'm hoping for babies but i haven't seen a mate yet.Since my parents have moved out to the country they have seen alot of critters,but i always have there camera(no i still haven't got a new card for mine).I have missed alot of pics to,just gotta keep on tryin
Old 01-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #18
Unicellular Fungi

I am forever missing photo opportunities. It's become sort of a joke, a bad joke.

If you get a good close up of babies, can I use it for my avatar?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #19
Grub

You sure can
Old 01-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #20
Unicellular Fungi

Oh my gosh, you're going to name your bird after me and I get babies as an avatar??? You better take photos buddy. Lots of photos and get some help downloading those images so you can take more photos. You have your marching orders. Hut two three four or how ever that works.

Tags
barn owl, bird photos, lorax, owl, owl photos, owls, screech owl, snowy owl