Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Birds Including Raptors & Hummers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
Naturalist/Photographer

Default Battle of the Ospreys

Just the other day as I was coming back to the Jackson Campus where I teach (from a day scouting wildlife) I saw these two Ospreys battling it out while airborne - my timing was just pure luck for these two images. Right place, right time...
Attached Thumbnails
Battle of the Ospreys-3865931343_7329b80ed3.jpg   Battle of the Ospreys-3865931357_25ddacfec3.jpg  
Dave Stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:24 PM   #2
Official Plant Nerd

That second image would be awesome on the home page. I think there's way more to all of this than being in the right place at the right time. You and me could have been standing shoulder to shoulder focused on the same birds and I can guarantee I wouldn't have ended up with anything even close to that quality. You are one of the BEST wildlife photographers I've ever run into. Some of us get one quality photo out of a thousand. Your flickr album is loaded with one quality photo after another.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
Naturalist/Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
You are one of the BEST wildlife photographers I've ever run into. Some of us get one quality photo out of a thousand. Your flickr album is loaded with one quality photo after another.
Thank you for the compliment on my photography ... starting this winter I will be (hopefully) having my prints available at a place across the Teton Pass in Victor, ID called "Wildlife Pizza" - a small microbrewery that I have an in with through my teaching partner and her husband. All I need to do is figure a fair price for 11"x14" matted prints framed with old barn wood. I cut my own matting and make my own frames. Just not sure what I should charge. Most places around here would charge between $200 to $250 for the framed image, but that seems like way too much for me to ask for.

As for the image being on the home page - well, it's up to the Admin Team here if they wish to use it ... as always my photo's may be used here anytime.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
Official Plant Nerd

Jackson Hole can command a higher price for quality wildlife photography than other parts of the country. If it were me, I'd price your work accordingly. You've earned the right to do that. I'm going to be really bold here since I look at your flickr album all the time... have you thought about writing a book> Timber Press?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:51 PM   #5
Naturalist/Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Jackson Hole can command a higher price for quality wildlife photography than other parts of the country. If it were me, I'd price your work accordingly. You've earned the right to do that. I'm going to be really bold here since I look at your flickr album all the time... have you thought about writing a book> Timber Press?
Yeap - have a rough draft already in the works.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:38 AM   #6
Official Plant Nerd

You'll be rich. You'll be famous. Don't forget about us, eh?
Old 09-05-2009, 04:45 AM   #7
Salamander

One word: OUTSTANDING!

Thank you for sharing,

Quietman
Old 09-05-2009, 06:51 AM   #8
WG Facilitator

Beautiful! Best of luck on the framed print endeavor.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:05 AM   #9
Pope

Your photography is sublime, Dave Stiles. I agree with Equilibrium; sell your photography for what the market will bear. It will sell--you are THAT good. (And protect your copyright and reproduction rights.)
Hedgerowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #10
WG Staff

Quote:
You'll be rich. You'll be famous. Don't forget about us, eh?

He won't forget about us.

Thank you for sharing a new home page photo with us Dave Stiles.

Tags
battle, bird, bird photographs, bird species, birds, native birds, native species, osprey, osprey battle, osprey flying, osprey photographs, osprey pictures, ospreys, photoghraphers, photographs, photographs of birds, photographs of ospreys, pictures, scouting wildlife, wildlife