Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Birds Including Raptors & Hummers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #11
Fox

We've had some more babies passing through so here is a lil mallard having some fun in our tub. He's since been moved to his last home prior to release. My daughters only care for the smallest babies and unless they're a songbird, bunny or waterfowl from this area they get moved to the bosses property when they get too big or are getting closer to their release times.
Attached Thumbnails
Babies-7-21-09-6-.jpg   Babies-7-21-09-56-.jpg   Babies-7-21-09-57-.jpg  

Last edited by MaggyNoLia; 07-27-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Edited because I forgot to add the pictures of the lil duck...<eyeroll>
MaggyNoLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:50 PM   #12
Fox

This is the woodpecker from post #2, picture #3. Last Tuesday was what we thought was going to be her release day....but she came back. This was taken on Wednesday when she returned in the morning. Shortly after this she returned to her cage....so we try again this week....
Attached Thumbnails
Babies-july222009-247-.jpg   Babies-july222009-275-.jpg   Babies-july222009-288-.jpg  
Old 07-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #13
Official Plant Nerd

You really went to town on the photos! Glad you did. These wildlife baby photos are always the ones I look forward to seeing. The duckling was fun I bet. The woodpecker looks like it belongs in a nest longer with the way its legs are sprawled out on the ground. Reminds me... why I don't know... of male dogs that are still squatting to pee after they're a year old.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:17 AM   #14
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
You really went to town on the photos! Glad you did. These wildlife baby photos are always the ones I look forward to seeing. The duckling was fun I bet. The woodpecker looks like it belongs in a nest longer with the way its legs are sprawled out on the ground. Reminds me... why I don't know... of male dogs that are still squatting to pee after they're a year old.
The woodpecker is on my back deck right now. We'll try to release her again this weekend. The kids had fun with the duckling and I overlooked the fact that they were using the upstairs tub instead of the one in the garage bathroom. Funny that you should mention the male puppies squatting to pee....I have a 13 year old golden retriever that never learned to lift his leg.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #15
Unicellular Fungi

Oh ah. Babies. Babies are my favorite and you have posted some beautiful baby pictures. I wouldn't mind having any one of them on my refrigerator door to make me smile.

Have you tried to release your woodpecker baby again?
Old 08-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #16
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Baby ducklings are the cutest things...

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:26 PM   #17
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLorax View Post
Oh ah. Babies. Babies are my favorite and you have posted some beautiful baby pictures. I wouldn't mind having any one of them on my refrigerator door to make me smile.

Have you tried to release your woodpecker baby again?
We released the woodpecker this past Saturday. She's been seen a couple of times since then.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #18
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Baby ducklings are the cutest things...
We've got an even smaller one now. I got a few pics of it and a couple more babies that I'll post when I have the time.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #19
WG Staff

And where might this photo of the even smaller one be?
Old 08-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #20
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staff View Post
And where might this photo of the even smaller one be?
Ooopsie. Why it's right here.
Attached Thumbnails
Babies-07-30-2009-295-.jpg  

Tags
babies, baby bird photographs, baby birds, baby bluejay, baby ducklings, baby mockingbird, baby robin, bird babies, bird nursery, bird photographs, bird rehabbers, bird rehabilitation, bluebird babies, hatchlings, native species, rehabilitate birds, rehabilitate wildlife, rehabilitation, wildlife babies, wildlife baby photographs, wildlife baby pictures, wildlife photos, wildlife pictures, wildlife rehabbers