Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening

Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/wildlife-gardeners.php)
-   Birds Including Raptors & Hummers (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/birds-including-raptors-hummers/)
-   -   Hummingbird Photos (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/birds-including-raptors-hummers/2214-hummingbird-photos.html)

havalotta 09-17-2012 06:20 PM

Migration is underway.:(
Just noticed the robins were still here....The purple martins moves out LOOOONG ago!

MaggyNoLia 09-19-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havalotta (Post 104243)
Attachment 28011
Is this some type of a humming bird or something other?
Attachment 28012
We spotted it while walking about in Arizona.

That is definitely a hummer...could be a black chinned or calliope hummingbird. The others have a lot more orange and reds on them...

I have almost the exact same shot from a little guy that liked to hang out in the bushes outside of the condo we had when we were out in Az. It was at the Legacy in Phoenix.

MaggyNoLia 09-19-2012 05:42 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ruby-throated Hummingbirds

Our little hummers are still here and flitting and flying around everyday. I recently sat out back and aimed my lense in their direction.

MaggyNoLia 09-19-2012 05:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More of our Ruby-throated Humminbirds...

havalotta 09-19-2012 07:43 PM

Thanks for a possible I.D. on the one I had taken. That middle one of yours is absolutely calendar worthy!

linrose 09-20-2012 07:43 AM

Awesome MaggyNoLia!!! I agree on that third shot, you must make an enlargement of that and hang it on your wall!

Equilibrium 09-21-2012 07:46 PM

Er... uh... Maggynolia.... do you ever log in from the home page>>>? I think you better check out the home page. ;) Way to go!!!!

MaggyNoLia 09-21-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equilibrium (Post 121104)
Er... uh... Maggynolia.... do you ever log in from the home page>>>? I think you better check out the home page. ;) Way to go!!!!

LoL, nope...I hardly ever do. Guess I should go look and thanks!

MaggyNoLia 09-21-2012 09:31 PM

It's always an honor when others enjoy your shots. Thank you very much WG!!

MaggyNoLia 09-21-2012 10:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
While I was out in Arizona earlier this year there was a little hummingbird that hung out on this twig that stuck out of the top of a bush. I'm pretty sure that this little guy is a Black-chinned Hummingbird.

Attachment 32467

We've noticed that at home our Ruby-throated hummers like to perch on a bare branch or twig as well. They love our dead little red maple...

This other little sweety I caught in a tree that was just outside the front door of our cousins house. I'm pretty sure this is a female Costa's Hummingbird....mainly because of the eye patterns.

Attachment 32468

This last one was a treat for me. I've never seen a hummingbird in a nest before.