Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening

Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/wildlife-gardeners.php)
-   Birds Including Raptors & Hummers (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/birds-including-raptors-hummers/)
-   -   Today I saw - Birds 2015 (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/birds-including-raptors-hummers/12825-today-i-saw-birds-2015-a.html)

linrose 06-17-2015 10:58 AM

Today I saw - Birds 2015

1 Attachment(s)
I thought I'd start a new thread for 2015.

This morning we spotted a barred owl in a sycamore in the field not far from the tree I saw one in last year.

katjh 06-17-2015 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linrose (Post 152182)

This morning we spotted a barred owl in a sycamore in the field not far from the tree I saw one in last year.

Nice find and nice photo!

jack 06-17-2015 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linrose (Post 152182)

I love that picture, Linrose!

NEWisc 06-21-2015 02:19 PM

Beautiful photo!

rockerBOO 06-21-2015 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fixed the white-balance your image Linrose. The green seemed to have bleed all over... :cyclops:troll

havalotta 06-22-2015 12:38 PM

Nice fix!

linrose 06-22-2015 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice rB, how did you do it? I want to fix my original. I was so anxious to get it up on the forum I didn't play with it at all. That early morning light in high humidity fogging up the lens is tricky when you need to get a quick shot. I fussed with it a bit in Photoshop, it's not exactly what you came up with but it's close.

katjh 06-28-2015 09:24 PM

I had juvenile Orioles in the back yard this morning :-) Every spring I put out oranges and grape jelly and get NOTHING. This is the second year that I've seen young'uns in June. They were in the Elderberry bush and the Dogwoods and they visited the bird bath/pond on this warm, sunny day.

rockerBOO 06-29-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linrose (Post 152271)
Nice rB, how did you do it? I want to fix my original. I was so anxious to get it up on the forum I didn't play with it at all. That early morning light in high humidity fogging up the lens is tricky when you need to get a quick shot. I fussed with it a bit in Photoshop, it's not exactly what you came up with but it's close.

I just hit auto white-balance I think. I think your image, the levels could use adjusting to get it more vibrant. Might have a "Auto-Tone or "Auto-Level" in the Tools/Colors area.

Sometimes images look better with the auto stuff, sometimes it doesn't work out. If you have a good white source in the image, the auto-white balance works well. If you have good light/dark sections, the auto-tone/auto-level works pretty well.

The white on the feathers comes out almost pure white, which might be a bit much.

EllenW 06-30-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katjh (Post 152345)
I had juvenile Orioles in the back yard this morning :-) Every spring I put out oranges and grape jelly and get NOTHING. This is the second year that I've seen young'uns in June. They were in the Elderberry bush and the Dogwoods and they visited the bird bath/pond on this warm, sunny day.

That is really cool having the Orioles visit you. I have tried putting out oranges but they have never attracted anything