Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Birds Including Raptors & Hummers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #341
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

I saw the first geese two days ago and the first of the robins this morning. Poor Robins..Snow's still covering the ground here too!

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
Old 03-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #342
Butterfly Educator Extraordinaire

In the past week I've seen my first ospreys, tons of red winged black birds, several tons of robins, two eastern bluebirds, three tree swallows (love them!) several great egrets and today saw a flock of cowbirds.

I love this time of year when the spring birds are arriving and the winter birds are still here as well. Saw juncos, brant, grebes and loons on my walk today. All winter birds here.

http://mslenahan.edublogs.org/
Old 03-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #343
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Wow, Bridget, that is quite a list!

I've seen a lot more red winged blackbirds this year than last...a fairly big flock in my back yard. I've seen a few robins...and a bluebird--but that was more than a week go. The only other on from your list are the juncos--they are still around here too.

I love your excitement.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
Old 03-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #344
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

chickadee

Hey bridgett, I saw our first butterfly today! Nothing is even growing here yet! I don't know how that works for them!

In the yard, robins, doves, cardinals, chickadees and juncos, again.

Out and about, Peregrines! Buffleheads, Redheads and gulls.

Today I saw:-p1420242chicadee.jpg
Old 03-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
What a cutie.

Hey, Sage, it looks like you found a way to feed the birds after all.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 03-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #346

I started to sprinkle some sunflower seed meats for the doves. All was well as the cardinals, dees and juncos flew up for some. Then, the bushy-tailed devil came up and that ended it. I love the little squirrels and munkeys, but they will climb up the wall along the neighbor's porch and get my butt in deep doo doo again.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #347

Quote:
I started to sprinkle some sunflower seed meats for the doves. All was well as the cardinals, dees and juncos flew up for some. Then, the bushy-tailed devil came up and that ended it. I love the little squirrels and munkeys, but they will climb up the wall along the neighbor's porch and get my butt in deep doo doo again.
Sigh. Well, it was nice while it lasted...and I understand your not wanting to draw attention to it.

After things calm down again, maybe accidentally drop some more..or some peanuts--can you get in trouble for spilling your own snacks?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #348

Yes, have to put peanuts on the grocery list! Roger will go do the shopping soon. I haven't been in a grocery store for over a year! Yeah!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:43 AM   #349

Quote:
I haven't been in a grocery store for over a year! Yeah!
Wow!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:54 AM   #350

He loves it! It's. a bigger audience for him! ! I hate it, get panic attacks!
Closed Thread

Tags
bird, bird nest, bird watching, birds, nashville warbler, nest building, nests, northern oriole, oriole, today, warbler, watching birds, yellow warbler