Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Birds Including Raptors & Hummers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #281
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by recurve View Post
Pintail Drake
Attachment 35331
OK I cheated! They were at Disney's animal kingdom but really cool to see so close!
The pintail is beautiful. (It is the only one that I recognize...and probably only because my cousin got me a pintail model to paint during a secret Santa in my youth.)

I wouldn't call it cheating exactly...I figured they were close up there at Disney.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
Old 03-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I was so frustrated today because I couldn't seem to see through the camera, eyes watering didn't help either. I'm thinking I may have to give up photography, then I probably won't be interested in going out. Then I'd just stay in my jammies all day...

Attachment 35323 Redheads
Well, I certainly hope that doesn't happen. You are a great photographer and you clearly enjoy the thrill of the "hunt".

The first photo is just gorgeous! I love the action, composition, and camaraderie of the group.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 03-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #283
Offical Silphium Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by recurve View Post
Eurasian Widgeon
Attachment 35329
Greater Scaup
Attachment 35330
Pintail Drake
Attachment 35331
OK I cheated! They were at Disney's animal kingdom but really cool to see so close!
I'm glad that Disney has actual animals and not just the animated variety. Are your "wildlife" enjoying themselves?

~http://rebeccas-window.blogspot.com/~
Old 03-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #284
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

I just saw my first hermit thrush at my feeder, since 2009! He spooked when I got up to get my camera, but I am hoping he'll come back when I am better prepared!

Those are amazing photos, Viceroy and Sage...and Dap, even if they are in your backyard, cardinals and titmice make nice photos, you and I have both posted them here!

Turttle's pollinator garden
Old 03-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by turttle View Post
I just saw my first hermit thrush at my feeder, since 2009! He spooked when I got up to get my camera, but I am hoping he'll come back when I am better prepared!
How cool...yes, from what I've read they are pretty shy. I think I had one at my feeder while still living at home back in Western PA.

Quote:

Those are amazing photos, Viceroy and Sage...and Dap, even if they are in your backyard, cardinals and titmice make nice photos, you and I have both posted them here!
Yes, they are great photos. Please don't misunderstand...I just meant that I don't have to TRAVEL to get shots of those birds! At the same time, I have cabin fever; something I bet rarely hits Sage.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #286
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

dap, yes it does! Can you believe that during a ten-day stretch recently, I only got out one for an appointment. Goin' nuts! But I hate to be in big box stores, so I stay in while Roger does the shopping. I got out briefly this afternoon.

Today I saw:-p1400055.jpg Peregrine falcon at UB

Today I saw:-p1400060caba.jpg Canvasbacks in Niagara River
Old 03-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #287
WG Operations, Facilitator

Loving all the recent bird photos posted (without ice and snow!)

Can you tell I'm ready for spring? 10 inches of new snow yesterday. UGH!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #288
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

I caught my hermit thrush today!

And 4B, yes you have nasty snow, but you have the coolest bears on the planet! Do yours hibernate on your property?
Attached Thumbnails
Today I saw:-hermit-thrush-tree.jpg  

Turttle's pollinator garden
Old 03-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #289
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Very cute!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #290

Quote:
I caught my hermit thrush today!
Beautiful, turttle! You must be thrilled.

Thanks for sharing.
Closed Thread

Tags
bird, bird nest, bird watching, birds, nashville warbler, nest building, nests, northern oriole, oriole, today, warbler, watching birds, yellow warbler